Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nobody wants to work anymore
Nobody wants to work anymore
[Image: 58wx6w.jpg]
RE: Nobody wants to work anymore
I actually have no problem with working. It's people I cannot stand.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
You mean people no longer want to work for starvation wages with no benefits, an unpredictable schedule, and no opportunities for advancement.

Raise your fucking minimum wage, encourage the growth of unions, make healthcare a right, and your local burgerteria will have no trouble finding employees.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nobodies took their stim checks and bought drum sets?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Try getting a tire changed.

Our neighbor was in the tire business for over 50 years (his dad started the place).

He no longer messes with it. 

At DOUBLE "minimum wage" - he  can't find anyone who will actually show up for work. Reason? They'd rather stay home and get the free Biden Bucks.....

Fortunately for the neighbor - the gun shop part of the business is doing well...

He has to ration ammo to the customers. He can't keep the shelves stocked.
(May 10, 2021 at 11:30 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Try getting a tire changed.

Our neighbor was in the tire business for over 50 years (his dad started the place).

At DOUBLE "minimum wage" - he  can't find anyone who will actually show up for work. Reason? They'd rather stay home and get the free Biden Bucks.....

Fortunately for the neighbor - the gun shop part of the business is doing well...

So you figure when the stimulus checks are over your neighbor will be able to find people who will do the work for $15 an hour?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 10, 2021 at 11:33 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(May 10, 2021 at 11:30 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Try getting a tire changed.

So you figure when the stimulus checks are over your neighbor will be able to find people who will do the work for $15 an hour?

I doubt it.

The big chain tire stores have been slowly running them out as well... He'd be better served using the space for more guns and accessories.

Too bad too --- I dunno who I will take a tractor tire to. I damned well bet Belle Tire can't do the job.
Where I'm from they seriously need to update the job market. Allow more work at home via computer type of jobs. I'm so sick of the job "opportunities" Trinidad has. It's either Factory Worker/Laborer, Sales/Casher, Driver and Food Services. I'm an introvert, not physically strong and can't drive due to my anxiety disorder. Not to mention the sexism men face in the work force in my country. Too many times I was expected to take shouting arguments, insults and rude behavour by superiors as well as lift somthing stronger than me or move faster than a machine all becuase I'm a boy. And these same superiors would always mind their P and Qs towards women. And don't even think they're not being sexist towards women as well. I know the wage gap data was falsified in the States but in my country I've seen it. And assuming all women are weak is so wrong.

Atlest Education and Health Care is free here and we do tax the rich more. And you have to be making a certain amount of money a year to be qualified to pay taxes. But the job market and social issues has to change for the better.

(May 10, 2021 at 5:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You mean people no longer want to work for starvation wages with no benefits, an unpredictable schedule, and no opportunities for advancement.

Raise your fucking minimum wage, encourage the growth of unions, make healthcare a right, and your local burgerteria will have no trouble finding employees.

Boru

This, 100% in terms of emplyment in most countries especially the U.S.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(May 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm)Eleven Wrote: [Image: 58wx6w.jpg]

Did anyone ever really want to work?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Quote: They'd rather stay home and get the free Biden Bucks.....

So people would rather stay home and be poor than work and be poor. I get that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1231 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Nobody talks about the Amazons LastPoet 13 1970 August 30, 2019 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Goddess wants to know.... Dom 11 1067 September 27, 2018 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  Any photographers in Louisiana looking for work? popeyespappy 0 525 September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3165 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4304 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  How do hashtags work? Foxaèr 6 1646 June 17, 2017 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Acquaintances that want your work for free J a c k 35 3815 March 11, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Female wants to join Boy Scouts Richard Loeb 30 4309 March 10, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Who wants a meet-up? Cyberman 5 685 February 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman