Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims
RE: Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims
(June 7, 2021 at 1:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I am sorry for the loss of the pregnancy...obviously a lot of hope and joy were pinned on the promise of a wanted, and probably planned, child.

Most women are not aborting a happy pregnancy.  There's a difference.

How many people on this thread are/were actually capable of becoming pregnant?  Anyone other than me?

Thank you for your sentiments. 

Most of my children are grown, that 5 y/o is now 21. And most of my 9, are girls (one boy). 17-32 y/o
Including a TG child, who is still living at home w/ us.

To say my life has not been touched by abortion would be wrong. My own sister, I advised to have one.
She died in a vehicle accident several months later. In hind sight, I wish, for more than one reason I didn't
advise her to have one. She may be alive today, and not been on the back of a motorcycle, if caring for a child?
And she thanked me for being free of that baby! Something I've carried, sadly for decades.

Fast-forward 40 years.... 2 of my own daughters chose to abort what would've been my grandkids! And one daughter
has been giving "eggs" to infertile couples.

Does any of that sound like a person who hasn't been on both sides of the issue? There is no emotion "left" in
any of this. What has happened has happened. I miss my sister. I still love all of my daughters. I didn't disown
them or lecture them. They are grown, very educated adults making decisions for themselves.

But, I let them know my feelings about abortion, like I'm letting you all know here. Even if one person listens and
changes their minds about an abortion, I'm happy. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I'm here to state my 
concerns and thoughts on what is true. Truth is.... 

....that fetus is a life! And it could, or couldn't be here depending on what our own mothers thought of us in the womb.
Quis ut Deus?
(June 8, 2021 at 12:24 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(June 7, 2021 at 1:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I am sorry for the loss of the pregnancy...obviously a lot of hope and joy were pinned on the promise of a wanted, and probably planned, child.

Most women are not aborting a happy pregnancy.  There's a difference.

How many people on this thread are/were actually capable of becoming pregnant?  Anyone other than me?

Thank you for your sentiments. 

Most of my children are grown, that 5 y/o is now 21. And most of my 9, are girls (one boy). 17-32 y/o

To say my life has not been touched by abortion would be wrong. My own sister, I advised to have one.
She died in a vehicle accident several months later. In hind sight, I wish, for more than one reason I didn't
advise her to have one. She may be alive today, and not been on the back of a motorcycle, if caring for a child?
And she thanked me for being free of that baby! Something I've carried, sadly for decades.

Fast-forward 40 years.... 2 of my own daughters chose to abort what would've been my grandkids! And one daughter
has been giving "eggs" to infertile couples.

Does any of that sound like a person who hasn't been on both sides of the issue? There is no emotion "left" in
any of this. What has happened has happened. I miss my sister. I still love all of my daughters. I didn't disown
them or lecture them. They are grown, very educated adults making decisions for themselves.

But, I let them know my feelings about abortion, like I'm letting you all know here. Even if one person listens and
changes their minds about an abortion, I'm happy. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I'm here to state my 
concerns and thoughts on what is true. Truth is.... 

....that fetus is a life! And it could, or couldn't be here depending on what our own mothers thought of us in the womb.

Thank you for that...very personal information to share and I know it's not easy.

My kids are also grown, the youngest recently turned 34.  

When pregnant with my first, my mother tried to force me to have an abortion.  At that time, though young and single, I didn't want one.  She threatened basically to have dad beat the baby out of me...a very real possibility.  But I was 19 and I simply left...with nothing and nowhere to go.  I figured it out though it was one hell of a struggle along the way.  I probably could have given her a better life had I been in a better place and had her father been the least bit interested.  But that's why I can understand the struggle.

Same daughter did have a pregnancy aborted when she was around 20 and over 20 years later says it was the best decision due to where she was in life at the time and what she had been doing when she became pregnant.  It's still a tender spot for her but she doesn't regret the decision.

I have not known anyone who has taken the decision to or not to abort lightly.  If all things were perfect, I would say we don't need it but since some people find themselves in a position of it being the best decision then it should be available as a safe medical procedure.  That's my stance.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 8, 2021 at 12:37 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Thank you for that...very personal information to share and I know it's not easy.

My kids are also grown, the youngest recently turned 34.  

When pregnant with my first, my mother tried to force me to have an abortion.  At that time, though young and single, I didn't want one.  She threatened basically to have dad beat the baby out of me...a very real possibility.  But I was 19 and I simply left...with nothing and nowhere to go.  I figured it out though it was one hell of a struggle along the way.  I probably could have given her a better life had I been in a better place and had her father been the least bit interested.  But that's why I can understand the struggle.

Same daughter did have a pregnancy aborted when she was around 20 and over 20 years later says it was the best decision due to where she was in life at the time and what she had been doing when she became pregnant.  It's still a tender spot for her but she doesn't regret the decision.

I have not know anyone who has taken the decision to or not to abort lightly.  If all things were perfect, I would say we don't need it but since some people find themselves in a position of it being the best decision then it should be available as a safe medical procedure.  That's my stance.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm with you on the life trails and decisions. It's tough, emotional strain that leaves scars in many ways.

I respect your stance and opinion. Even if I don't agree 100%. Ron
Quis ut Deus?
(June 6, 2021 at 1:53 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(June 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Is slavery moral? The bible says it is.

Agree to disagree.

I don't agree. 

Does it not cause you to feel any shame when you lie about what the bible actually says?
I mean, magic book details exactly how to go about getting an abortion, too....and yet we're still here having this convo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 9, 2021 at 7:09 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Does it not cause you to feel any shame when you lie about what the bible actually says?

Agree to disagree ≠ Try to convince me
(June 9, 2021 at 8:26 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(June 9, 2021 at 7:09 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Does it not cause you to feel any shame when you lie about what the bible actually says?

Agree to disagree ≠ Try to convince me

I could supply chapter and verse, but I doubt you would read such. After all, it is quite clear you have not read any of it in the first place, or cherry picked chunks of it at best.
(June 9, 2021 at 9:56 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: I could supply chapter and verse, but I doubt you would read such.

Right; obviously I'm the least literate and studious member on this forum and have never heard an atheist talk about slavery before lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12414 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1900 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2688 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4522 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7142 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4315 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5523 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5717 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners purplepurpose 72 9192 November 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8380 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda