Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene
(May 24, 2021 at 9:19 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: She's currently advocating for secession as a member of the us congress - which is crazier than jewish space laser and covid lunacy combined.

Actually not crazy.  I believe that democracy and the union itself is under threat in the U.S.  Greene is just a symptom.
You think?
(May 24, 2021 at 9:19 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: She's currently advocating for secession as a member of the us congress - which is crazier than jewish space laser and covid lunacy combined.

I'm torn between seeing such an idea as the best way to contain the problem of far-right nutters trying to tank our democracy and seeing it as the humanitarian disaster it would inevitably be to those who actually live there,
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
And now there is this from MTG. 

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor...evolution/
[Image: Fat2.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The ability to ignore the god of the bible that does horrific things is truly an amazingly useless talent.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
These kind of nutters don't have to ignore the things you're talking about, because they don't think those things are bad. They think those things are the best of the good, righteous, sacred, and when racial holy war comes, I suppose that will be more clear.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 7, 2021 at 11:08 am)HappySkeptic Wrote:

Actually not crazy.  I believe that democracy and the union itself is under threat in the U.S.  Greene is just a symptom.

I get a lot of crap for saying that Reagan got some things right. There is no doubt that Reagan got taking down the Soviet Union correct. I will never fault him for that. BUT, unfortunately his pandering to billionaires and the religious right, that, ever since has set the stage for the bullshit we are seeing today. You are correct HS, Greene just like the former guy, are a mere symptom. The problem is calling that a symptom does not change that that symptom is having a very negative deep impact on our system regardless of the root cause.
We could give the separatists idaho, like they want, have them build a huge wall around it, and then periodically launch missiles into their settlement. Those who wish to come back to the united states would be free to do so at any of our processing camps along their border, provided they relinquish their children or their uterus, both, if they appear to be super fecund. Any illegals or aliens found crossing the border will be shot, preferably by a local militia accountable to no one.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Did someone say "hate speech?"
Marjorie Taylor Greene calls AOC a little communist and says locking her up is a good idea. She also says AOC isn’t an American

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marjorie Taylor Green suffering from amnesia. Jehanne 9 778 April 29, 2022 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The grass is not always Greene-r Brian37 4 470 February 5, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: no one
  Mark Taylor, the "Firefighter Prophet" rexbeccarox 8 3572 July 3, 2018 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Leadbelly
  Alvin Greene For Senator Eilonnwy 19 6514 August 14, 2010 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: LEDO