Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Guns
RE: No More Guns
Keep pitching that straw.

Nobody said NEVER.
(July 16, 2021 at 10:04 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Keep pitching that straw.

Nobody said NEVER.

I didn't misrepresent you or say you said NEVER, I asked a question. How am I supposed to know of a local station is MSM or not? Maybe they're a Fox News affiliate.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
And what difference would it make?
(July 16, 2021 at 9:50 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 9:14 am)onlinebiker Wrote: The msm pretty much ignores any story where someone is saved by a gun.

Why? Bias of course.

Was the News Channel 3 site you linked not MSM?

Don’t you love it? 🤦‍♀️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 16, 2021 at 3:27 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(July 16, 2021 at 1:33 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: You’re missing the point. You asked why MSM never covers people being saved by a gun. Your answer is in the data above. It doesn’t happen very often.

See The National Rifleman - the NRA magazine. They have a regular column that has been running for decades Called The Armed Citizen - that give cases where a gun saved somebody' s ass. They give names, dates and places - all easily verifiable. You can cry "shill" and " bias" all you like - but I bet you can' t prove any of those cases as false.

I didn’t say it “never” happened. I said it’s rare in comparison to how many people are killed by firearms annually. That’s an objective fact of reality. I’m sorry that it triggers you so.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 16, 2021 at 11:19 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(July 16, 2021 at 3:27 am)onlinebiker Wrote: See The National Rifleman - the NRA magazine. They have a regular column that has been running for decades Called The Armed Citizen - that give cases where a gun saved somebody' s ass. They give names, dates and places - all easily verifiable. You can cry "shill" and " bias" all you like - but I bet you can' t prove any of those cases as false.

I didn’t say it “never” happened. I said it’s rare in comparison to how many people are killed by firearms annually. That’s an objective fact of reality. I’m sorry that it triggers you so.
Ok... This is like " how do we know what Jesus and the Devil said on the mountaintop?".

How do you know the rarity of guns being used for self defense  if the media rarely reports it?
Cops seem to think that good guys with guns fuck up more than they help.

It’s not as if there aren’t stats…and we probably shouldn’t base public safety policy on the ratings schemes of whatever a given person happens to watch.

For every justifiable gun homicide recorded in 2018, there were 34 gun homicides, 84 gun suicides, and two accidental deaths.

The hidden data would have to account for a hell of a lot of successful defensive gun use to cover that spread, successful defensive gun use that just isn’t there when anyone goes looking….and people do look for it a lot.

You could go find it, if you were so inclined, and that might work better than arguing on the basis of what you explicitly acknowledge to be non existent evidence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 16, 2021 at 11:45 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Cops seem to think that good guys with guns fuck up more than they help.  

It’s not as if there aren’t stats…and we probably shouldn’t base public safety policy on the ratings schemes of whatever a given person happens to watch.

For every justifiable gun homicide recorded in 2018, there were 34 gun homicides, 84 gun suicides, and two accidental deaths.

The hidden data would have to account for a hell of a lot of successful defensive gun use to cover that spread, successful defensive gun use that just isn’t there when anyone goes looking….and people do look for it a lot.

You could go find it, if you were so inclined, and that might work better than arguing on the basis of what you explicitly acknowledge to be non existent evidence.
MOST times a gun is used for self defense - noone is shot. Those don' t get into your statistics.

But you will keep counting suicides.... Wouldn' t want to let people make decisions for themselves huh?
It would, again, have to cover quite alot, and you’re certainly free to go get those numbers so that you aren’t arguing on the basis of evidence you acknowledge to be nonexistent.

I also didn’t include those times a good guy or a bad guy or a suicidal guy with a gun shot someone who didn’t die….and there are stats for that too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 16, 2021 at 11:53 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It would, again, have to cover quite alot, and you’re certainly free to go get those numbers so that you aren’t arguing on the basis of evidence you acknowledge to be nonexistent.

I also didn’t include those times a good guy or a bad guy or a suicidal guy with a gun shot someone who didn’t die….and there are stats for that too.

The myth that a gun will always save you, or increase the odds of survival are just that. A myth.

If the right wants to argue and point to cases where guns were used to successfully thwart crime and death, sure the right can point to such cases. But that has never been the majority of firearm interaction. Most firearm injuries and deaths have been between the victim and someone the victim knows. Most firearm deaths are from suicide. Second in line are domestic violence. Third would be violence between neighbors. Then accidental.

The Rambo Dirty Harry Patriot crap of more guns being good is just that, CRAP!

I will never own a firearm myself for two reasons. I suffer from anxiety and depression. But even beyond that, I don't want to live a life of paranoia. If someone were marking me, for robbery or murder, it would be no different than a shark sneaking up on me from bellow as if I were a seal, I wouldn't see it coming anyway. The odds of someone suddenly being confronted with a firearm being able to draw their own, knowing the other already has theirs aimed at you, is extremely low. 

One of my training program videos working at 7-11 long ago, and it is till correct today, give them what they want. Money and property are not worth your life.

I may have mentioned it before. My best friend from Oklahoma, had an asshole racist uncle who was a gun nut. He horded guns. But he still got murdered even with all those guns. He had a renter who bludgeoned him to death, most likely over lack of payment of rent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7482 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 1974 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7330 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9036 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1524 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 11659 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  My view regarding guns in the USA as a foreigner. Macoleco 41 2712 March 12, 2018 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  America's obsession with guns NuclearEnergy 199 36837 May 17, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70520 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Real Guns CAN Be Toys!!! Drich 24 3002 June 30, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla