Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza!
RE: Pizza!
(June 27, 2021 at 11:04 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 7:13 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: Hell of a triumvirate, aren't they Boru.

An early round of golf...then later in the day a good wine, a cold beer, or a snifter of Boulard Calvados...and a good cigar. Who needs that Heaven bullshit when you can create paradise right here on Earth.

Well, golf is a monumental waste of resources, in addition to being an astonishingly stupid game (and it IS a game, not a sport), and I find pizza revolting in all of its incarnations.

As for cigars, they tend to smell like someone set an armpit on fire. But, to be fair, that only applies to cheap cigars - top-end, expensive cigars smell like someone set a top-end, expensive armpit on fire.

Boru

Okay. 

Ya gotta wonder why a vast preponderance of pro-sports stars...if asked what is your favorite  sport...will respond, "Golf."

But, why consider what pro sports stars say when we have your opinions to work with.

Pizza is always very high on a list of American food favorites. I feel sorry for anyone who is revolted by it. How do you feel about apple pie?

And cigars are mostly for men...so no big deal there.
(June 27, 2021 at 11:12 am)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 11:04 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, golf is a monumental waste of resources, in addition to being an astonishingly stupid game (and it IS a game, not a sport), and I find pizza revolting in all of its incarnations.

As for cigars, they tend to smell like someone set an armpit on fire. But, to be fair, that only applies to cheap cigars - top-end, expensive cigars smell like someone set a top-end, expensive armpit on fire.

Boru

Okay. 

Ya gotta wonder why a vast preponderance of pro-sports stars...if asked what is your favorite  sport...will respond, "Golf."

But, why consider what pro sports stars say when we have your opinions to work with.

Pizza is always very high on a list of American food favorites. I feel sorry for anyone who is revolted by it. How do you feel about apple pie?

I’m remarkably unimpressed with the opinions of professional athletes.

I’m not an American, but I’ve had American-style apple pie, and I’m not impressed. The Dutch and the Finns both do it better.

I agree that cigars are mostly for men. Stupid men, but men.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 27, 2021 at 11:18 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 11:12 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: Okay. 

I’m remarkably unimpressed with the opinions of professional athletes.

I’m not an American, but I’ve had American-style apple pie, and I’m not impressed. The Dutch and the Finns both do it better.

Boru
The "proud ginger" gave me a clue that you were not American. My time in England got me used to the term "ginger" for what we Americans might call a red-head. Are you English or Irish? If English...perhaps from Lincolnshire?
(June 27, 2021 at 11:26 am)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 11:18 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m remarkably unimpressed with the opinions of professional athletes.

Boru
The "proud ginger" gave me a clue that you were not American. My time in England got me used to the term "ginger" for what we Americans might call a red-head. Are you English or Irish? If English...perhaps from Lincolnshire?

Culturally Irish (County Antrim), legally Irish, British and Kiwi. Never been to Lincolnshire.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hear, hear golf is not a sport! I've been fighting that fight, for some time now.

Golf is an activity.
(June 27, 2021 at 12:09 pm)no one Wrote: Hear, hear golf is not a sport! I've been fighting that fight, for some time now.

Golf is an activity.

Yup. All sports are activities, not all activities are sports.

Boru
(June 27, 2021 at 11:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 11:26 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: The "proud ginger" gave me a clue that you were not American. My time in England got me used to the term "ginger" for what we Americans might call a red-head. Are you English or Irish? If English...perhaps from Lincolnshire?

Culturally Irish (County Antrim), legally Irish, British and Kiwi. Never been to Lincolnshire.

Boru

Thanks. 

One of the nicest people ever was an English woman (young girl, actually) who worked in the world's greatest Fish and Chips joint in Gainsborough (Lincs) was described by the folks there (Lincs) as a ginger.

Jesus...I hope fish and chips are also on your list of things I love and you detest.

(June 27, 2021 at 12:09 pm)no one Wrote: Hear, hear golf is not a sport! I've been fighting that fight, for some time now.

Golf is an activity.

Golf is definitely an activity.

But it is the most loved "sport" by American sports professionals. 

If they are willing to call it a sport...I am also.
Anything you can do by yourself, is not a sport!

Swimming
Running
Cycling
Golf......
(June 27, 2021 at 1:16 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 11:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Culturally Irish (County Antrim), legally Irish, British and Kiwi. Never been to Lincolnshire.

Boru

Thanks. 

One of the nicest people ever was an English woman (young girl, actually) who worked in the world's greatest Fish and Chips joint in Gainsborough (Lincs) was described by the folks there (Lincs) as a ginger.

Jesus...I hope fish and chips are also on your list of things I love and you detest.

The only truly existential crisis of my life was moving to NZ and discovering that fish and chips here are even better than they were in NI.

Boru
(June 27, 2021 at 1:29 pm)no one Wrote: Anything you can do by yourself, is not a sport!

Swimming
Running
Cycling
Golf......

YOU consider anything you can do by yourself not to be a sport.

Others consider some of those kinds of things to be a sport.

Amazing how some people will take a reasonable discussion about pizza...and turn it into a battle.

Consider golf to be whatever you want. Most golfers refer to it as a game...as in "How's yer game today?" If you type "is golf a sport" into Google...you will get tons of responses on both sides of the issue.

But if you have pizza at the 19th hole...it will still be pizza.

(June 27, 2021 at 1:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 1:16 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: Thanks. 

The only truly existential crisis of my life was moving to NZ and discovering that fish and chips here are even better than they were in NI.

Boru

Really. Now I am envious.

I LOVE fish and chips...and the Upton Fish and Chips was recognized as one of the best in England. Ate fish and chips from there at least twice a week for the entire two years I was there.

Now...I gotta find some way to get to NZ...which I understand is not too welcoming to people from the US.

Is that so?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many here like pineapple pizza? ZenTrashin 20 1015 January 19, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1222 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
Heart What's your favorite pizza? Pizza 56 5807 March 26, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Pizza toppings BrokenQuill92 74 8568 January 18, 2014 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: ElleBelle
  Should I order a pizza? Nine 27 7266 February 25, 2012 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: MrSkeptic
  Pizza ReB 15 2294 September 23, 2011 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Pizza fr0d0 25 5386 January 4, 2010 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995