Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How high have you ever been?
RE: How high have you ever been?
(June 28, 2021 at 11:23 am)onlinebiker Wrote: ASL = above sea level.

14,115 = Pikes Peak.

Okay, okay...now I am jealous. I have always wanted a car with a sticker on it that says, "This car has climbed Pike's Peak."

Musta been great.

Were you there for the races?

(June 28, 2021 at 11:23 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: 5,115ft Algonquin Peak. I really need to get back to the Adirondacks, It was a great trip.

[Image: 4670d97564d1eb62a7d3d19b5dc1e493.png]
I am 180cm tall have no idea how high have ever been but am sure it was more than 2 meters
I've been to the top of Pike's peak a couple of times. I didn't drive myself, though.

I think the highest I have driven is about 10,000 feet.
(June 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm)polymath257 Wrote: I've been to the top of Pike's peak a couple of times. I didn't drive myself, though.

I think the highest I have driven is about 10,000 feet.

Great height!

I gotta do Pike's Peak.
About 11k feet. I was driving to Denver and the tunnel was closed. They turned us around.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 28, 2021 at 6:08 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: No...not on drugs. And not in an airplane or balloon.

I mean how high above sea-level with your feet still on the ground.

The highest I've ever been is in the Bavarian Alps...way back in the mid 1950's. I was in Berchtesgaden... on top of a mountain, the name of which I cannot recall right now. I know that I was able to view one of the homes Hitler used...not the Eagle's Nest (which apparently was destroyed) but the other one.

So...how about you?

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berchtesgaden][/url]

I couldn't tell you, but on mountain tops, nothing huge. I hate heights though. Been to the top of the Empire State Building, but that was when I was  a kid.
At work.

Stood atop Ayer's rock (Ularu to the Native owners) back last century before we realized it was kind of a d!ck thing to be doing.

Whole lot of nuthin' in any direction from there.

You can 'Feel' the immensity of empty space around you. Puts you in a mind of knowing the fragility of being 'Human' when you're a speck atop the bones of the world.

Cheers.
(June 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Stood atop Ayer's rock (Ularu to the Native owners) back last century before we realized it was kind of a d!ck thing to be doing.

You can 'Feel' the immensity of empty space around you. Puts you in a mind of knowing the fragility of being 'Human' when you're a speck atop the bones of the world.

Cheers.
Wow...one of the most interesting things on the planet.

I doubt you'd be able to get to the top of it now. I understand that the indigenous people have shown lots of clout in stopping the visits.

[Image: 1553562116301.jpg]

(June 28, 2021 at 3:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 28, 2021 at 6:08 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: No...not on drugs. And not in an airplane or balloon.

I mean how high above sea-level with your feet still on the ground.

The highest I've ever been is in the Bavarian Alps...way back in the mid 1950's. I was in Berchtesgaden... on top of a mountain, the name of which I cannot recall right now. I know that I was able to view one of the homes Hitler used...not the Eagle's Nest (which apparently was destroyed) but the other one.

So...how about you?

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berchtesgaden][/url]

I couldn't tell you, but on mountain tops, nothing huge. I hate heights though. Been to the top of the Empire State Building, but that was when I was  a kid.
Heights can bother me also. I've been high in several NYC skyscrapers....and always was happy when back on Earth.

(June 28, 2021 at 2:41 pm)Fireball Wrote: About 11k feet. I was driving to Denver and the tunnel was closed. They turned us around.

11K is way up there. Good on you.
At work.

(June 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Stood atop Ayer's rock (Ularu to the Native owners) back last century before we realized it was kind of a d!ck thing to be doing.

Cheers.

I doubt you'd be able to get to the top of it now. I understand that the indigenous people have shown lots of clout in stopping the visits.

Uhm well, no.

We kind of went "Y'know. We don't clamber to the top of Mosques and if nature calls, take a dump on 'em."

Same for crosses, churches or other temples.

We've always kind of acknowledged the arriving Brits as being d!cks. The whole ANZAC thing wasn't a great event, really. Just took us that little bit longer to realize 'Hey. We're still doing the d!ckish Brit things' in regards to the locals.

But anywho.

Cheers.
(June 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Cheers.

(June 28, 2021 at 3:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I couldn't tell you, but on mountain tops, nothing huge. I hate heights though. Been to the top of the Empire State Building, but that was when I was  a kid.
Heights can bother me also. I've been high in several NYC skyscrapers....and always was happy when back on Earth.

(June 28, 2021 at 2:41 pm)Fireball Wrote: About 11k feet. I was driving to Denver and the tunnel was closed. They turned us around.

11K is way up there. Good on you.

I passed in the valley in Queensland past Mt Coonowrin. I was in the valley looking up, it was fucking massive. It made me dizzy looking up at it.

This video doesn't do it justice. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 352 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2035 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2025 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1371 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1117 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 690 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1278 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2193 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2061 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1030 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball