Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism.
Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism.
The more I look back at 2000 the more I see liberals, back then, as pulling the same conspiracy crap as Trump did in 16 and 20. 

Nobody liked the hanging chads, but the truth is to me, that even if the recount had gone full circle Bush still would have won. Where the "rigging" would happen, regardless of party, would be propaganda, not actual process in vote counting. Where the rigging would happen would be in gerrymandering and voter suppression, not actual vote counting. If America had had our modern voting technology back in 2000 Bush still would have won. 

America has had a very long and strong history of voting security. In fact because of the hanging chads, nationwide the country updated it's voting machinery.
RE: Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism.
The problem with voting is it is people that are doing it. The method or type of machine is irrelevant. The machines work fine - but the people who lose just don' t believe the results.

Reason - the ego of those people who KNOW they voted for the right lizard.

We would do better to choose leadership by lot.

But there would be those who would claim that game was rigged too.

Don' t expect change.
(June 29, 2021 at 8:24 am)onlinebiker Wrote: The problem with voting is it is people that are doing it. The method or type of machine is irrelevant. The machines work fine - but the people who lose just don' t believe the results.

Reason - the ego of those people who KNOW they voted for the right lizard.

We would do better to choose leadership by lot.

But there would be those who would claim that game was rigged too.

Don' t expect change.

There is no "rigging" legally by lying to get votes. It isn't moral, but as far as machinery and oversight, we have always had that. 

I'd tell any idiot who doubts the results of 2000 the same thing I say to the idiots who doubt the results of 16 or 20. 

But Trump made a fucking clusterfuck mess both elections. He used propaganda and lied, and not your everyday political lie, but used scapegoating and vilification. 

Never in my 54 years have I ever seen one presidential candidate behave in the vile manor he has. Every losing candidate prior to him conceded with grace, even Gore, even after the recount in Florida, even he conceded.

The bullshit of the former guy in this loss using the big lie, is that he won the last time the same states Obama won. He won the same states Bill Clinton and Bush Jr and Sr won, that is why they are called SWING STATES. The former guy simply lost enough swing state votes this time.
There' s no doubt that Trump was/is a sore loser and willing to do/say ANYTHING to win...

But then - when was that not true of all politicians?

Trump's problem is he doesn' t know when to quit...

Most politicians realize at some point that they start sounding stupid.....
(June 29, 2021 at 8:39 am)onlinebiker Wrote: There' s no doubt that Trump was/is a sore loser and willing to do/say ANYTHING to win...

But then - when was that not true of all politicians?

Trump's problem is he doesn' t know when to quit...

Most politicians realize at some point that they start sounding stupid.....

The scary part of the former guy, is that there was a time when that party expected their leaders to talk like Reagan, not a Jerry Springer guest. That is all out  because of the ussy grabbing orange turd.
I like that analogy. I remember a time (very long ago) when springer actually wasn’t all brash and trash. They got better ratings from the drama and fed the wolf. It’s how the system is designed so I can’t really blame them. We as citizen determine what wolf they feed. The problem with politics isn’t politician or voting machines. The problem is people. Don’t know if a solution that can fix that.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 29, 2021 at 8:59 am)tackattack Wrote: I like that analogy. I remember a time (very long ago) when springer actually wasn’t all brash and trash. They got better ratings from the drama and fed the wolf. It’s how the system is designed so I can’t really blame them. We as citizen determine what wolf they feed. The problem with politics isn’t politician or voting machines. The problem is people. Don’t know if a solution that can fix that.

It is not hyperbole to say that the former guy is a manifestation of Fucks news, WWE, Jerry Springer, and DuckFucknasty.
This is a strange thread. So some corrections. Bush needed fl to win, either of them did. The election was decided by a single electoral vote, by a margin of 500 or so individual votes. The recount was stopped, gore conceded...but....amusingly, he had actually won the state and would have been president if he’d fought with every legal tool available. He never even tried an insurrection, being a weak willed lib and all.

Other than that, carry on with the comparison of deluded cultists trying to install a dictator after have been routed by millions of votes in multiple states with no path to victory in sight.

Same same. Hell, even I remember this, and I was on team bush.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2021 at 7:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: The more I look back at 2000 the more I see liberals, back then, as pulling the same conspiracy crap as Trump did in 16 and 20. 

Nobody liked the hanging chads, but the truth is to me, that even if the recount had gone full circle Bush still would have won. Where the "rigging" would happen, regardless of party, would be propaganda, not actual process in vote counting. Where the rigging would happen would be in gerrymandering and voter suppression, not actual vote counting. If America had had our modern voting technology back in 2000 Bush still would have won. 

The hanging chad problem was real, and both parties fought to make recounts go their way (including Roger Stone dirty tricks to get people to storm a building and stop a recount).  When ballot counting becomes subjective, you have to fight for your side or you lose.

Knowing that the other side is trying their best to thwart your recount efforts is not conspiracy -- it's just considered part of the game.

And yes, some people were upset that the SCOTUS ruled to stop recounts along party lines.  Bush had the lead, and therefore was most likely the winner.  It doesn't mean was definitely the winner, and could've led to real problem with democracy.  That's where Al Gore's concession is the act of an adult, unlike Trump's insurrection based on lies.
The ballot issues were the nut bar rights 2000 version of bamboo fibers. Two independent investigations of the recount arrived at exactly the same conclusion, gore won florida. There is no bush most likely won, he demonstrably lost.

Dems don’t want to fight for what they win, republicans...clearly, will fight for what they’ve lost.

The op is an example of how recent history can be rewritten even in the minds of the opposition forces.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Not Just Florida Minimalist 0 265 November 18, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm a Florida voter now :huh: rexbeccarox 32 2786 August 31, 2018 at 3:19 pm
  Florida school shooting: FBI mishandled tip on gunman's 'desire to kill' WinterHold 7 1071 February 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trumpism has xtian support because of what DeVos represents Whateverist 9 1356 February 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hillary's forces target Bush donors ReptilianPeon 40 5831 May 10, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: GUBU
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 720 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Bernie Sanders Invite Bush To Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 38 8269 July 9, 2015 at 3:39 pm
  Jon Stewart Gets on Jeb - Multiple Answers - Bush Minimalist 1 752 May 17, 2015 at 9:33 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Jeb Bush: When in Doubt, Flip Flop. Iraq Invasion. Salacious B. Crumb 4 1379 May 11, 2015 at 6:54 pm
  Bush the Turd polar bear 51 7516 February 24, 2015 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus