Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not my time to go.
It's not my time to go.

For every sin, I have to pay,
I've come to work, I've come to play,
I think I'll find another way
It's not my time to go
RE: It's not my time to go.
I wonder if Die Another Day is the worst Bond film. I mean, is it REALLY worse than The Living Daylights?

Maybe.
It’s also in the running for the worst Bond song ever. I mean, I get that Madonna is a legit talent, but wtf was she thinking?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I didn't realize the song was featured in a Bond film, since I've never watched one, but I liked the song when Madonna sang it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 7, 2021 at 6:48 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I wonder if Die Another Day is the worst Bond film. I mean, is it REALLY worse than The Living Daylights?

Maybe.

I never liked Sean as Bond, and I don't like the new British guy whatever his name is.

Other than that I like Roger and Peirce and Dalton.
(August 7, 2021 at 7:41 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 7, 2021 at 6:48 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I wonder if Die Another Day is the worst Bond film. I mean, is it REALLY worse than The Living Daylights?

Maybe.

I never liked Sean as Bond, and I don't like the new British guy whatever his name is.

You've picked the three worst Bonds in the franchise.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 7, 2021 at 7:15 am)Foxaire Wrote: I didn't realize the song was featured in a Bond film, since I've never watched one, but I liked the song when Madonna sang it.

It's not a bad song in and of itself, it just seems horribly unsuitable for a Bond film.

Boru

Maybe.

Personally, I loved the film because it was my first movie to watch in theater as a child -Bahrain-, so it got stuck in my head, also it wasn't that bad TBH, Goldeneye was better, and the "Jaws" films were kinda hilarious to me so I won't complain.

(August 7, 2021 at 7:41 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Maybe.

I only remember this scene from the new ones:

(August 7, 2021 at 9:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 7, 2021 at 7:41 am)Brian37 Wrote: I never liked Sean as Bond, and I don't like the new British guy whatever his name is.

You've picked the three worst Bonds in the franchise.

Boru

Lol! Agreed. But Moore was good. He belongs on a list of "best Bonds."

Pierce Brosnan was serviceable. Like, I feel like he "achieved par" at playing the role.

(August 7, 2021 at 10:33 am)WinterHold Wrote: Personally, I loved the film because it was my first movie to watch in theater as a child -Bahrain-, so it got stuck in my head, also it wasn't that bad TBH, Goldeneye was better, and the "Jaws" films were kinda hilarious to me so I won't complain.

Well nostalgia value can make a film seem better I guess.

What's your favorite Bond film?
If this 007 is such a good spy, why is there so much footage of him?