Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condo collapse a bar stool story.
Condo collapse a bar stool story.
When I was replacing a trailer house, I bought one, and tore down the old one, and replaced it with new furniture. I bought 4 very ornate brown metal bar stools from Lowes Home Improvement. They looked classy, and the reason I did is that I saw them at a high end Boutique beach bar. But the reality is that as ornate as they were sitting on them and sneezing on them caused the screws to loosen over time. These were bar stools that one would expect to see in a Bogart movie. The problem was they ultimately were made in a 3 Stooges movie. I really hate that I paid that much money for something to sit on, and it didn't support me, and for what? Expecting me to do such.
RE: Condo collapse a bar stool story.
Did you name them Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp?
We had wrought iron benches on the front porch of the farm house where I grew up.  They were painted white.  We never sat on them.  The front porch faced a pasture with one lone persimmon tree off by the highway.  

We did sit on one of them once that I know of.  Mom took a picture of us kids, me between the girls, the rose between two thorns as dad put it.  We were dressed for Easter Sunday.  I don't remember that day.  I remember the persimmon tree and how far away it seemed.
(August 10, 2021 at 4:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When I was replacing a trailer house, I bought one, and tore down the old one, and replaced it with new furniture. I bought 4 very ornate brown metal bar stools from Lowes Home Improvement. They looked classy, and the reason I did is that I saw them at a high end Boutique beach bar. But the reality is that as ornate as they were sitting on them and sneezing on them caused the screws to loosen over time. These were bar stools that one would expect to see in a Bogart movie. The problem was they ultimately were made in a 3 Stooges movie. I really hate that I paid that much money for something to sit on, and it didn't support me, and for what? Expecting me to do such.

You’ve already told this story, and were given advice on a very simple fix for the bar stools.

Also - why is this in news and current affairs?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 4:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When I was replacing a trailer house, I bought one, and tore down the old one, and replaced it with new furniture. I bought 4 very ornate brown metal bar stools from Lowes Home Improvement. They looked classy, and the reason I did is that I saw them at a high end Boutique beach bar. But the reality is that as ornate as they were sitting on them and sneezing on them caused the screws to loosen over time. These were bar stools that one would expect to see in a Bogart movie. The problem was they ultimately were made in a 3 Stooges movie. I really hate that I paid that much money for something to sit on, and it didn't support me, and for what? Expecting me to do such.

You’ve already told this story, and were given advice on a very simple fix for the bar stools.

Boru

He thinks he's being clever with the condo collapse reference...which I think is tactless, but I'm not real surprised considering the source.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 10, 2021 at 5:42 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You’ve already told this story, and were given advice on a very simple fix for the bar stools.

Boru

He thinks he's being clever with the condo collapse reference...which I think is tactless, but I'm not real surprised considering the source.

That honestly didn’t occur to me. I just went with my usual assumption that 37’s brain only holds about a dozen memories, and blurts them out in a kind of white-knuckle rotation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 10, 2021 at 5:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 5:42 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: He thinks he's being clever with the condo collapse reference...which I think is tactless, but I'm not real surprised considering the source.

That honestly didn’t occur to me. I just went with my usual assumption that 37’s brain only holds about a dozen memories, and blurts them out in a kind of white-knuckle rotation.

Boru

Yes you got me, everything in my life is a spasm.

(August 10, 2021 at 4:58 pm)no one Wrote: Did you name them Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp?

I should have for sure.
(August 10, 2021 at 5:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 5:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That honestly didn’t occur to me. I just went with my usual assumption that 37’s brain only holds about a dozen memories, and blurts them out in a kind of white-knuckle rotation.

Boru

Yes you got me, everything in my life is a spasm.

(August 10, 2021 at 4:58 pm)no one Wrote: Did you name them Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp?

I should have for sure.

Or Moses, Louis, Jerome and Sam.

Boru
(August 10, 2021 at 6:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 5:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes you got me, everything in my life is a spasm.

I should have for sure.

Or Moses, Louis, Jerome and Sam.

Boru

Pretty sure you'd never equate me to Joe Penny, Perry King, or even Tom Bray,
(August 10, 2021 at 6:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 6:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Or Moses, Louis, Jerome and Sam.

Boru

Pretty sure you'd never equate me to Joe Penny, Perry King, or even Tom Bray,

Not only do I not know who those people are, I don’t understand what you’re taking about.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beating your meat. A hacking story. Brian37 35 2036 June 5, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Blue Story: Cinema chains pull gang film after 'machete' brawl Duty 57 4483 November 27, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Update on NDE hoax story purplepurpose 12 1690 November 6, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Super fun "Toy Story" wedding Foxaèr 0 396 September 15, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1244 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Boston Globe Story for All the Future School Shootings chimp3 25 1773 February 20, 2018 at 3:19 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5859 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The CNN Story Amarok 19 7801 July 1, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  No official story yet, but will post it when out. Brian37 9 3032 December 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  So... this is a Daily Mail story. Reforged 4 1769 December 8, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd