Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The other problem with electric vehicles
The other problem with electric vehicles
Guess who is now in charge of the world' s richest lithium deposits?

Try - the Taliban.

Any guesses why the Chinese are so suddenly friendly with these guys?

Oh well....

Your new electric car will sponsor terrorism - and get the equivalent of 50 mpg....

What could go wrong?
RE: The other problem with electric vehicles
Can't be much worse than the world's biggest deposits of crude oil residing in places like Russia and the middle east.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(August 17, 2021 at 5:27 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Guess who is now in charge of the world' s richest lithium deposits?

Try - the Taliban.

Oh well....

Your new electric car will sponsor terrorism - and get the equivalent of 50 mpg....

What could go wrong?

I didn’t realize that the Taliban had made such significant inroads into South America. Every source I checked agrees that the world’s largest lithium deposits are in Chile, Bolivia, and Argentina.

I’d also be interested to know to what extent these countries support international terrorism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Looking it up, the three countries Boru mentioned actually control 58.75% of the entire global reserves of Lithium. Up next is America, then Australia, and then China. And it turns out China is also the largest consumer of lithium (often exporting it from Australia). While there is apparently a lode of lithium somewhere in Afghanistan, it looks like China is prepared to swoop that up, and in the process, open up possibilities from other places, including freeing up some room for Australia (whose mines produced 42,000 tonnes of lithium in 2019) to export more to other nations.

Also, need I remind you that for much of the 20th century, a crucial portion of our oil reserves came from dictatorial regimes in the Middle East? And it still does, thus making the price of gas skyrocket when said regimes become destabilised, like, say, when the US invades?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quote:Guess who is now in charge of the world' s richest lithium deposits?

Try - the Taliban.

Oh well....

What could go wrong?
As opposed to fossil fuels which have for over a century  propped  up some of the worlds biggest funders of international terrorism  Dodgy

But that's different right  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 17, 2021 at 6:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 17, 2021 at 5:27 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Guess who is now in charge of the world' s richest lithium deposits?

Try - the Taliban.

Oh well....

What could go wrong?

I didn’t realize that the Taliban had made such significant inroads into South America. Every source I checked agrees that the world’s largest lithium deposits are in Chile, Bolivia, and Argentina.

I’d also be interested to know to what extent these countries support international terrorism.

Boru

I was going by this..

https://qz.com/2047785/under-the-taliban...-minerals/
Oh look OLB has stepped on his dick again.
Note: the article you used even states that, while China is open to doing business with the Taliban, they’re not likely to give them enough money to allow them to fix enough of the damaged infrastructure to make mining a viable option. Especially since they tried to do so with Afghanistan’s copper reserves over a decade ago and failed miserably. The PRC isn’t stupid. They’re not America.

(August 17, 2021 at 9:44 pm)Jackalope Wrote: Oh look OLB has stepped on his dick again.

Fucking blow me asswipe...

Terrorist sympathizers now control a large market of a resource YOU want.

The fact that there are some other sources doesn' t change a thing.

But hey - what do you care? You' re not the former interpreter who worked for the US or the girl caught with lipstick that will be pressed into slave labor to work the mines... As long as you get your shiny new Volt....
(August 18, 2021 at 12:03 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Terrorist sympathizers now control a large market of a resource YOU want.

The fact that there are some other sources doesn' t change a thing.

True, but the fact that there's fuck-all in the way of infrastructure to get it out of the ground and China isn't likely to fund said infrastructure due to being burned on a very similar scheme in Afghanistan does.

Also, potentially getting lithium from terror-sympathising states is different from getting oil from terrorist-sympathising states like Saudi Arabia how, exactly?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What will you do when GM goes all electric? onlinebiker 38 1404 January 30, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs EgoDeath 8 736 November 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2627 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1584 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So Republicunts Are Only Against Abortion For Other People Minimalist 5 1177 April 13, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  When Fascists Attack ( Each Other!) Minimalist 13 1573 January 4, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Missing man found near other human remains Foxaèr 1 597 July 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let This Be A Lesson to Flynn And The Other Hanging Turds on the WLB's Asshole Minimalist 2 745 July 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Glad to See Kentucky Has No Other Problems Minimalist 3 981 June 29, 2017 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dawkins on the "nones" adapting other woo Brian37 2 804 June 15, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: abaris