Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The United States and the growing divide
RE: The United States and the growing divide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJSwqngedY
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 22, 2021 at 2:46 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Three generations ago by most conventional measures would put it in the 1960s, unless people in your family are pushing out babies at the age of 50 on a regular basis.

You're right, I forgot what year we were in and that Gen Z exists. "3 generations" may not be correct, but the point still stands.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(September 14, 2021 at 10:05 pm)Foxaire Wrote: The issue with 'Muricans is that they're not united all the time,. Only when it suits them, to pat themselves on the back.

I would argue it has never been truly united.  The closest ever was during the American Revolution.  After that politics began to split almost immediately.  There has always been multiple Americas, separated by class and race.  Rich Americans don't care about poor Americans.  A large percentage of whites want everyone of color gone.  Indigenous people wish Europeans had never come.  There is no united states; there's a mixture of various groups, all jockeying for power.  Sometimes I think Lincoln should have just let the south go.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
Things are getting pretty divided, but I don't know if we're going to have an actual civil war or anything like that.  Not unless there's tremendous change, anyway. 

As of now, a lot of the right wing extremism, especially the mainstream extremism, is fueled by right wing media like OAN and Faux News and Newsmax.  Thing is, they get their talking points from the billionaires who fund them and they're only funding them to increase their own wealth.  A civil war would cost them a lot of money and the second their own financial well being is threatened, they're going to change their talking points. 

But.... the US is already on the decline because of those scumbags and media is getting more global now and less local.  Before they needed the US because that was where they lived and where most of their business was but things are getting more and more global and a lot of them are needing the US less and less.  If they're pushing right wing extremism in the UK or Canada or wherever they want to live after the US is useless to them, what's going to happen to the remaining Americans picking up far right propoganda aimed at Canadians?  Or what happens when they inspire genuinely far right media that sincerely believes in fascism and all that?  

I'm personally scared, too.  Because I'm a transgender atheist living in Oklahoma and I already know that, if this state leaves the union and doesn't have to follow the rulings of the supreme court anymore, I'm in danger.  I really hate that I'm having to have thoughts in the back of my mind planning where and how I'm moving when shit goes down, but under the circumstances I feel like it's necessary.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 3887 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1108 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3098 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's Base is Possibly Growing Yonadav 66 3545 February 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2240 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9114 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3183 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  44 States Minimalist 35 10073 July 7, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Voting Machine Hack Confirmed Across 39 States Foxaèr 3 1299 June 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Great Divide and Apathy Towards Politics AceBoogie 13 2060 April 8, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist