Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is love real?
RE: Is love real?
(September 25, 2021 at 9:17 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 25, 2021 at 9:02 am)Spongebob Wrote: It must be some sort of sadistic obsession.  Keeps posting and baiting as if he has something meaningful to discuss, but as you said gets scared and runs off.
If you could explain this in further detail, I might consider going to therapy. I would want something to actually discuss with the therapist, not just random bullshit. And no, discussing my online posting habits doesn't count.

You know, a therapist can help you answer the questions you have about therapy.

I know. Who'd a thunk it!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 25, 2021 at 10:09 am)Spongebob Wrote:
(September 25, 2021 at 9:17 am)Ahriman Wrote: If you could explain this in further detail, I might consider going to therapy. I would want something to actually discuss with the therapist, not just random bullshit. And no, discussing my online posting habits doesn't count.

You want me to explain why you can't face your own triggers?  Hah, hilarious.  This isn't much different from anti-vaxxers; just avoid the most likely avenues for help.
You could be helpful, but instead you're choosing to shoehorn your own political leanings into the conversation.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 25, 2021 at 12:06 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 25, 2021 at 10:09 am)Spongebob Wrote: You want me to explain why you can't face your own triggers?  Hah, hilarious.  This isn't much different from anti-vaxxers; just avoid the most likely avenues for help.
You could be helpful, but instead you're choosing to shoehorn your own political leanings into the conversation.

[Image: Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif]
Is anyone truly worth being loved?

I know for a fact, I am not.
(September 25, 2021 at 12:18 pm)no one Wrote: Is anyone truly worth being loved?

My minkey.
(September 25, 2021 at 12:06 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 25, 2021 at 10:09 am)Spongebob Wrote: You want me to explain why you can't face your own triggers?  Hah, hilarious.  This isn't much different from anti-vaxxers; just avoid the most likely avenues for help.

I see, that's how it is.  You've dodged probably a dozen questions from me and even more from others, but when you want something specific, it's a mortal sin if I don't comply.  You know what that's called?  Hypocrisy.

Politics are not relevant here.

@Ahriman If you had answered just two of my questions over the various threads you've infected, I might have been interested in a real conversation.  But you reap what you sow.  Your presence here is something like a fly buzzing around a picnic.  I might swat at it occasionally but I'm sure not going to invite it to dinner.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(September 25, 2021 at 12:18 pm)no one Wrote: Is anyone truly worth being loved?

I think so.  I like to imagine it as a web of extended affection.  That other people have additional extrinsic value that we can't coherently claim for ourselves, to ourselves.  To the point that when two people looked at each other, and assuming that their intrinsic value is apprehended to be equal - each's additional extrinsic content for the other leaves them feeling relatively unworthy of love..and yet loved - and not just loved..loved by their better.

For me, that helps to contextualize the painful aspect of love like that.  We don't respond particularly well to high value high risk situations.  We're insecure, we worry, we have self doubt in present and deep misgivings about past decisions.  Hell, sometimes we're just right.  We were fuckups and there's nothing about the person we loved that changed in a meaningful way since we fucked up.  They're as lovable as ever for all the same reasons.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Doubt it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6921 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6807 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL