Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
RE: The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
(October 2, 2021 at 11:48 am)brewer Wrote: This thread pisses me off the more I think about it. Boo fucking Hoo!

That's because you're a Republican capitalist. Tongue
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Meh, The Wife and I did it a conservative way, and we see it's hard. Let's say you don't want to go into debt - just to address the OPQ. Well...you can buy a house without going into debt. I bought 3200ft2 and 5 acres with an option on an adjacent lease for 20k. It's just that it was a shithole when I bought it - took years to clean it up. Had to be re-wired and all the plumbing is brand new...because copper.......but........ I'm still dealing with a speptic tank that was never built to code and could never be built to code....

Thing is, people have as many kids as they want. Not more, not less...generally. It's not and never was about whether you "had the money"...or the situation was ideal. If you're listing off the fiscal disadvantages to children as though it mattered...go with your gut, and don't have any.

Because it doesn't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My vote is to breed. Or just practice, practice, practice! Enjoy!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 2, 2021 at 11:34 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Well...you can buy a house without going into debt. I bought 3200ft2 and 5 acres with an option on an adjacent lease for 20k. It's just that it was a shithole when I bought it - took years to clean it up.

Yeah, he can always live in the country where it's cheaper. Heck, many villages in Europe (especially in Italy) are giving houses in abandoned villages for free (ok, for 1 euro), even Lorraine Bracco took one in Sicily.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 874 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hospital system overwhelmed Spongebob 35 2480 August 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I voted today. Brian37 17 887 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1876 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Family Secular Elf 4 494 August 15, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5008 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1065 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 437 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 503 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3096 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37