Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano?
Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano?
Back in 2000 when I was still married to my x, we went to spend a week in Japan to visit her parents. If our flight out there had been on time, the weather would have been clear, but it got delayed and it was the middle of the night when we landed ant took a 4 hour bullet train ride to where her parent's house was. She told me the train was passing Fuji, but I couldn't see a thing.

But, on the way back , to our flight back to Tokyo, her parents drove us and we stopped at a tourist rest stop on another mountain during the day. But, it was overcast so while I could see the base, the top was covered in clouds. I can however say, that volcano is mother loving gigantic. All I could think at the time was, "Don't do anything while I am here."

Fuji is so tall, even in the summer it has snow on the top. Just like the volcano's of Hawaii. 

So does anyone live near a volcano, or have you visited a volcano?
RE: Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano?
(October 17, 2021 at 11:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: Back in 2000 when I was still married to my x, we went to spend a week in Japan to visit her parents. If our flight out there had been on time, the weather would have been clear, but it got delayed and it was the middle of the night when we landed ant took a 4 hour bullet train ride to where her parent's house was. She told me the train was passing Fuji, but I couldn't see a thing.

But, on the way back , to our flight back to Tokyo, her parents drove us and we stopped at a tourist rest stop on another mountain during the day. But, it was overcast so while I could see the base, the top was covered in clouds. I can however say, that volcano is mother loving gigantic. All I could think at the time was, "Don't do anything while I am here."

Fuji is so tall, even in the summer it has snow on the top. Just like the volcano's of Hawaii. 

Considering throwing a virgin in?

Yourself?

Huh
(October 17, 2021 at 11:54 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(October 17, 2021 at 11:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: Back in 2000 when I was still married to my x, we went to spend a week in Japan to visit her parents. If our flight out there had been on time, the weather would have been clear, but it got delayed and it was the middle of the night when we landed ant took a 4 hour bullet train ride to where her parent's house was. She told me the train was passing Fuji, but I couldn't see a thing.

Considering throwing a virgin in?

Yourself?

Huh

Cute. Sorry to disappoint you, but I have dipped my wick, and out of the dips I did, two I dated one could consider magazine model material. And I have been married too. 

I think a better dig, since you want to go there, would be why couldn't I keep any of them?

I think Stormy has better recourse and defense if she threw the former guy into a volcano.
I’ve visited several volcanoes. Your other question depends on what you mean by ‘live near’. NZ has about 100 volcanoes and we’re a small country. You’re never very far from one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 17, 2021 at 12:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’ve visited several volcanoes. Your other question depends on what you mean by ‘live near’. NZ has about 100 volcanoes and we’re a small country. You’re never very far from one.

Boru

I get that humans adapt, but still, the power of such nature is scary to me. I guess when it is a slow leak, lava flow, it is more a pain in the ass than sudden bomb explosion. I cannot imagine, or comprehend what the people of Pompeii went through in 79 CE. 

Pyroclastic flow is a monster. But the common slow moving lava flows we see on the news, I get that people can deal with it. 

But I could not believe how massive the base of Fuji was. It went from left to right, or right to left, however you want to look at it, and it seemed forever. Since the cloud cover prevented me from seeing the peak I could only imagine how tall it was. 

Looking at Fuji and how massive it was, reminded me, looking back now,  as a kid, when my mom took me to an NFL scrimmage, not even a preseason game, but a pre preseason game, a scrimmage, and at the time, I was tiny, millimeters tall compared to the players, and to me, at the time, the players looked like Jupiter compared to my size when I was adopted. 

Fuji may be quiet now, but like any volcano, or for that matter, any star in the universe, nature always has the advantage. Nature may sleep for a while, but it always wakes up, and not always to our species advantage.
Nature is scary. Got it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nature is scary. Got it.

Boru

Not always, but it can be.

I think cobras are scary. Not that they are evil, but just in that you really have to know what the hell you are doing if you are going to interact with them. Volcanos are both destructive and constructive. Volcanos create new land masses, provide nutrients for plant life. But you also don't want to be around them when they explode.
(October 17, 2021 at 12:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nature is scary. Got it.

Boru

Not always, but it can be.

I think cobras are scary. Not that they are evil, but just in that you really have to know what the hell you are doing if you are going to interact with them. Volcanos are both destructive and constructive. Volcanos create new land masses, provide nutrients for plant life. But you also don't want to be around them when they explode.

‘I get that humans adapt, but still, the power of such nature is scary to me.’ - Brian37, 18 October 2021.

Boru
(October 17, 2021 at 12:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Volcanos create new land masses, provide nutrients for plant life. But you also don't want to be around them when they explode.

Exactly. So many thetans flying around after that happens.

That's why I don't wanna live near a volcano.
(October 17, 2021 at 1:10 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(October 17, 2021 at 12:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Volcanos create new land masses, provide nutrients for plant life. But you also don't want to be around them when they explode.

Exactly. So many thetans flying around after that happens.

That's why I don't wanna live near a volcano.

In all of life, something always gets us, even if just old age. But out of all the ways to go, I think most humans would rather not see the end coming. The thought of being in the path of of a pyroclastic flow, with time to realize you are going to die, is not appealing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 5606 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2835 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1602 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5855 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would you want to live here? Foxaèr 22 4010 April 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: c172
  Anyone live near Washington DC? Whateverist 25 1796 April 1, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Forced To Live With An Obnoxious Person Mechaghostman2 21 3392 January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to know if you live in a Patriarchy or Matriarchy ErGingerbreadMandude 11 1861 December 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  So my redneck friend came to visit on Friday. Brian37 9 2327 June 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  How are the Cops like where you live? ErGingerbreadMandude 68 7696 February 16, 2017 at 11:28 am
Last Post: frankiej