Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theist
RE: New Theist
(November 1, 2021 at 4:02 pm)GaryAnderson Wrote:
(November 1, 2021 at 3:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Actually, we have a fairly explicit list of rules, one of which is to be polite in the Introductions thread.

Boru

For real? These things exist? You would be a statistical anomaly if you followed your own rules and don’t ban people for whatever personal reason.
I mean I’d like to believe and I believe by default so I will try to take this site on the internet more seriously.

Welcome.

We abide by our rules.

Bans happen for various reasons, never for personal reasons, however some of us may dislike an individual.

Also, if you've come here with a combative attitude, "spiritually dead" -really? - you can expect responses in kind.

Also, none of the staff are allowed to act arbitrarily unless the rules are broken seriously, repeatedly, or board functionality is disrupted.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 1, 2021 at 4:19 pm)GaryAnderson Wrote:
(November 1, 2021 at 4:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think you should find a forum more to your liking.

Boru

Aha! I knew it. The BOSS does not like the words I’ve said.
All right, I am going to do some observing in the mean time and open a topic and see where it goes. It will most likely end in a ban. Smile

Well..that suggests that you may want to find some other board where you can say whatever clearly fucked up things you intend to say, doesn't it?

If...for no other reason...than that you shouldn't have to type those things twice.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have been on the internet too and that's not my experience. The internet can be polarized but it's not that polarized. I have been to plenty of theist forums and never had an issue and have booted in seconds from atheist forums.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Thanks for your post Valkyrie. That’s exactly what I want to challenge, spirituality and the fact that some of you may be oblivious that you’re exactly like a religious systems.
Personally I can take ANY insult thrown at me and I don’t mind. The question is: can others do that? Also if I report the potential future insults at me, will you really look into them and do something about it? Will you really? Smile

I have also updated my avatar picture. It’s Saint George. I know that avatars are important to make sweeping generalizations on people. Smile

(November 1, 2021 at 4:30 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(November 1, 2021 at 4:19 pm)GaryAnderson Wrote: Aha! I knew it. The BOSS does not like the words I’ve said.
All right, I am going to do some observing in the mean time and open a topic and see where it goes. It will most likely end in a ban. Smile

Well..that suggests that you may want to find some other board where you can say whatever clearly fucked up things you intend to say, doesn't it?

If...for no other reason...than that you shouldn't have to type those things twice.
This brings up several topics which I’ll add for later such as

1. The meaning of words
2. The limits of words
3. Rule contradictions
4. Bias.
Okay  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Start a thread man. You can insult people here no problem. If you want a thread free from insults (and that means YOU can't insult people either) then you can tag the thread "serious."

But I don't recommend that if you're looking for candid discussion. The "serious" tag is best reserved for sensitive topics or topics you want to treat with academic rigor.
(November 1, 2021 at 4:36 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Start a thread man. You can insult people here no problem. If you want a thread free from insults (and that means YOU can't insult people either) then you can tag the thread "serious."

But I don't recommend that if you're looking for candid discussion. The "serious" tag is best reserved for sensitive topics or topics you want to treat with academic rigor.

Thank for clearing that. It makes perfect sense and I know exactly what you’re talking about.
Guys, I will remind everyone - EVERYONE - about the rules for the introduction thread.

It"s for getting to know a person, so let's keep it polite, please.

Any further discussions, whatever the subject, can be taken to other threads, where you can have a free-for-all.
Dying to live, living to die.
Agreed
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Hello.

Not much else for now.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, a theist Roeki 16 3820 June 25, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anti-theist here League_God 25 3709 October 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Greetings from Dave the Theist YouCanCallMeDave 59 8734 November 25, 2014 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is it possible to understand a theist? lwlodarczyk 9 2699 August 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3781 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hello, new Theist here! The_Thinking_Theist 32 5253 December 9, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  From theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic to freethinker and... old man 70 21149 August 26, 2013 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Sword of Christ
  New New New Quid 23 4722 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Theist? Deist? Agnostic? lacontrabasse 0 1719 December 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: lacontrabasse
  Theist here with some queeries Ted Bundy 55 10189 October 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Epimethean