Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW HERE HAVING CRISIS
RE: NEW HERE HAVING CRISIS
(November 3, 2021 at 11:18 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You know, if there's anything we can say about the catholic god....it's used to being disappointed by people.  I can't imagine why a person would be specifically anxious over breaking any number of promises to that god.  Are we going to get more clarity on this, or?  I don't want to pry if you'd rather not talk about it - but it's gonna be difficult to offer support for something we're not really in the know about.

For all we know, you promised to murder the harlot next door - and you're telling us that..lately...you been feelin a little stabby - like...one way or another, this ends with a knife in someone's back.  God wills it.

Know what I mean?

I can pm you the situation if you'd like. I think I have some mental illness I need to work on and dont want to be very open about it here
Well shit, I had this whole clever joke lined up - I was gonna say "See, it's not all that bad after all!"

Do you have a professional you could talk to? That would be my advice, to help you deal with whatever you're going through.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This is a good place to get support, nottheone. It's one of the chief purposes of the forum. We're here for you, man. You can always go back to Catholicism if atheism is too bothersome. In that case you can talk to a clergyman to work out your problems.

But if you want to leave Catholicism, we're here to help you through that.

Either way, you don't have to go it alone.
(November 3, 2021 at 11:27 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Well shit, I had this whole clever joke lined up - I was gonna say "See, it's not all that bad after all!"

Do you have a professional you could talk to?  That would be my advice, to help you deal with whatever you're going through.

I do but I dont see them very frequently. I only offered because you seemed to want to know

(November 3, 2021 at 11:30 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: This is a good place to get support, nottheone. It's one of the chief purposes of the forum. We're here for you, man. You can always go back to Catholicism if atheism is too bothersome. In that case you can talk to a clergyman to work out your problems.

But if you want to leave Catholicism, we're here to help you through that.

Either way, you don't have to go it alone.

I do not want to ever go back to worshipping a god who at one point condoned the beating of slaves. lol
So what's on your mind about God or Catholic/Christian belief, nto?

What aside from the condoning of slave-beating compels you to consider atheism?
Have you looked into seeing them more frequently?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Professional help isn't some magic pill that fixes everything. Community, love, and friendship are also necessary. At least in some cases. A good professional will help you find these things. Sometimes you can cut out the middleman, or at least rely on the middleman less.
(November 3, 2021 at 11:02 pm)nottheone Wrote:
(November 3, 2021 at 11:00 pm)Spongebob Wrote: Fox beat me to it, but I was going to say I used to promise Santa I wouldn't torment my sister if he would only bring me some fancy toy.  Never got that damn toy.

its just stuck in the back of my head as if hes going to do something about it. uhh hate this bs indoctrination

I was raised RCC. It takes years if not decades to become free of that residual guilt. If not decades. Think about that. Such guilt, being inculcated at such a young age and programmed into you cannot be easily removed. I am an atheist for nearly forty years, yet the ghosts of that indoctrination still turn up on occasion.

That said, I still proudly managed to raise two godless heathens without even trying. I simply provided an alternative view. A view my ex-wife was not pleased with. I was really proud of them when they staged a rebellion and flat out refused Sunday mass, preferring instead to sleep late. Nothing to do with me, it ain't like I told them to do so. Sunday morning was a peaceful time for me. Wife and kids rock out to mass and I slumber on or have a leisurely breakfast. It was quite pleasant.

They did ask Mom why I didn't go to mass, but she dodged. So they asked me. I answered that I do not believe that kind of superstitious nonsense.
(November 3, 2021 at 11:49 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(November 3, 2021 at 11:02 pm)nottheone Wrote: its just stuck in the back of my head as if hes going to do something about it. uhh hate this bs indoctrination

I was raised RCC. It takes years if not decades to become free of that residual guilt. If not decades. Think about that. Such guilt, being inculcated at such a young age and programmed into you cannot be easily removed. I am an atheist for nearly forty years, yet the ghosts of that indoctrination still turn up on occasion.

That said, I still proudly managed to raise two godless heathens without even trying. I simply provided an alternative view. A view my ex-wife was not pleased with. I was really proud of them when they staged a rebellion and flat out refused Sunday mass, preferring instead to sleep late. Nothing to do with me, it ain't like I told them to do so. Sunday morning was a peaceful time for me. Wife and kids rock out to mass and I slumber on or have a leisurely breakfast. It was quite pleasant.

They did ask Mom why I didn't go to mass, but she dodged. So they asked me. I answered that I do not believe that kind of superstitious nonsense.

props to you

(November 3, 2021 at 11:41 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: So what's on your mind about God or Catholic/Christian belief, nto?

What aside from the condoning of slave-beating compels you to consider atheism?

well the lack of proof for any of these claims including Adam and Eve, the flood, the exodus, and pretty much no non biblical historical accounts written about Jesus during his life.
(November 3, 2021 at 10:53 pm)nottheone Wrote: So just to make things short. Grew up catholic. converted atheist in middle school. went back to christianity at 18. now an atheist at 22. I made some promises to god while I was a believer and im afraid even though I do not believe a god exists im afraid he is going to do something about these promises and guide me in this direction regardless and its giving me a ton of anxiety. could anyone help further re instate the lack of existence of the Old Testament deity.

It isn't impossible for people to switch positions, but this post comes across as trolling,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here Nomistic 13 519 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 953 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1253 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1080 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here probablynothing#34 18 1367 June 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir