Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK
RE: JK
(November 14, 2021 at 5:41 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(November 14, 2021 at 5:16 pm)brewer Wrote: Very cool. Your story keeps getting better and better. 

What's cooking like with your vision issues?

I’ve been cooking since childhood 4ish so I only needed a few modifications, long oven mitts, oven rack guards, setting timers on my phone. I go by instinct and what bit of colors I can perceive.

I tip my hat to you. I burn and cut myself all the time.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 14, 2021 at 5:44 pm)brewer Wrote:
(November 14, 2021 at 5:41 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I’ve been cooking since childhood 4ish so I only needed a few modifications, long oven mitts, oven rack guards, setting timers on my phone. I go by instinct and what bit of colors I can perceive.

I tip my hat to you. I burn and cut myself all the time.

You probably just need more practice. Maybe some finger guards. I tried using them but they get in my way. But I know they work for a lot of other people. Remember cooking is an art not a science. My grandmother always said put love and care into everything you make.
(November 14, 2021 at 5:57 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(November 14, 2021 at 5:44 pm)brewer Wrote: I tip my hat to you. I burn and cut myself all the time.

You probably just need more practice. Maybe some finger guards. I tried using them but they get in my way. But I know they work for a lot of other people. Remember cooking is an art not a science. My grandmother always said put love and care into everything you make.

So not blood, skin and fingernails, got it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 14, 2021 at 8:59 pm)brewer Wrote:
(November 14, 2021 at 5:57 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: You probably just need more practice. Maybe some finger guards. I tried using them but they get in my way. But I know they work for a lot of other people. Remember cooking is an art not a science. My grandmother always said put love and care into everything you make.

So not blood, skin and fingernails, got it.
Well may also a bit of whiskey
Back on topic, im beginning to think people use just kidding as a way to be an asshole. And if you react poorly they gaslight to make you the bad guy who can’t take a joke.