Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slothshit
Slothshit.
So, across my life I thought that the phrase "bullshit" is literal: it refers to "the shit of bulls"; the animals.
I thought maybe it's very stinky, so the phrase was used.

What made the idea stuck more to my head is the phrase "horseshit".
I thought both are animals that eat grass, so perhaps grassy shit is very stinky, just like sheep shit which smells very bad.

So I wanted to invent my own phrase: "slothshit" instead of "bullshit".

But I googled the origin of bullshit to find this:

Quote:Etymology. "Bull", meaning nonsense, dates from the 17th century, while the term "bullshit" has been used as early as 1915 in British and American slang, and came into popular usage only during World War II. The word "bull" itself may have derived from the Old French bole meaning "fraud, deceit".

Bull wasn't referring to the animal after all. But I like my phrase that I invented; Slothshit probably smells like...nasty shit.
Man, that's utter "Slothshit"..

RE: Slothshit.
I thought Muslims weren't supposed to drink. And here you are drunkposting.
RE: Slothshit
Moderator Notice
Merged the two sloth threads...we really don't need two of them. Carry on.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 14, 2021 at 8:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
Moderator Notice
Merged the two sloth threads...we really don't need two of them.  Carry on.  

I don't really think we needed one of them, tbh.
(November 14, 2021 at 8:44 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(November 14, 2021 at 8:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
Moderator Notice
Merged the two sloth threads...we really don't need two of them.  Carry on.  

I don't really think we needed one of them, tbh.

Good point but there wasn't a legit reason to get rid of them...so, there you have it. Even staff have to follow rules.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Much appreciated, AWTY. Thanks for reducing the number of inane sloth poop threads by 50%. You guys really are underappreciated. If you weren't here the forums would be overwhelmed by Russians and Slovakians selling god knows what. So thanks.

@WinterHold

Okay, I'll bite. Why slothshit? And I suppose I did learn something from your OP. I didn't know that "bullshit" only came into colloquial usage during WW2.
RE: Slothshit.
(November 14, 2021 at 8:09 pm)WinterHold Wrote: So, across my life I thought that the phrase "bullshit" is literal: it refers to "the shit of bulls"; the animals.
I thought maybe it's very stinky, so the phrase was used.

What made the idea stuck more to my head is the phrase "horseshit".
I thought both are animals that eat grass, so perhaps grassy shit is very stinky, just like sheep shit which smells very bad.

So I wanted to invent my own phrase: "slothshit" instead of "bullshit".

But I googled the origin of bullshit to find this:

Quote:Etymology. "Bull", meaning nonsense, dates from the 17th century, while the term "bullshit" has been used as early as 1915 in British and American slang, and came into popular usage only during World War II. The word "bull" itself may have derived from the Old French bole meaning "fraud, deceit".

Bull wasn't referring to the animal after all. But I like my phrase that I invented; Slothshit probably smells like...nasty shit.

A nice thought, creating a  one's own mild form of abuse***. Has nice ring to it if using the word' sloth' in a vernacular way. Doesn't work as well if you're being literal. Unlike Bulls and horses, sloths are very smart. They have survived predators for millennia and in fact rarely excrete.

Here in Australia for Anglo-Celts like I am there isn't really a mortal insult.   The closest I can think of is to calla person a 'bludger'. Its original meaning was 'pimp'. Today it means a person who doesn't  contribute their share, taking advantage of others; a parasite. 

I've only ever come across one mortal insult.  As far as I can tell, it only works if said to a Muslim.  I learned it when I was stationed in Malaysia. The term is "gila babi", literally 'crazy pig' . Come to think of it, devout jews probably wouldn't like it much either . No, I have never said that to anyone.  

*** to call someone out as bull shitting or horse shitting is to call them a liar.
Wintershit; a specific phrase used to describe the contents of Winters posts.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

donkey dodo

crappie crap

dingo dung

tortoise turd

pony poo
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.