Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Eats
RE: Thanksgiving Eats
It's just the two of us, we're going out instead.
(November 16, 2021 at 3:43 pm)brewer Wrote: Some of us don't get choices. Maybe I'll pick up some McRibs and stash them away.

Prime rib last year was a hit but the crab legs of 2017 are the most talked about.  Thing is, with a house full of step-brothers and sisters, we could feed them Popeye's and they would love it because it's damn good and they're done with turkey.
(November 16, 2021 at 4:51 pm)Jackalope Wrote: It's just the two of us, we're going out instead.

Great idea.  I've wanted to for years, but neither of the two people with whom I wanted to have lunch were interested.

A friend has a two generation tradition of going out for Xmas lunch. No kids.
I am all about the turkey, man. We eat all kinds of stuff. My sister always brings corn casserole (it's okay, not great)... OR she brings this bomb-ass chicken broccoli dish with shake and bake in it. Mom usually makes enough stuffing to feed an army. I'm so-so on stuffing.

Turkey is what I like the most.
Cheesy green bean casserole is in the slow cooker. I forgot to add heavy cream to the cheese sauce, so I added some after. It should blend while cooking. I didn't realize it only needs 2 hours in the slow cooker. I'll be gone 7-9 hours. Fortunately my slow cooker automatically switches to keep warm when time is up.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 17, 2021 at 4:17 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Cheesy green bean casserole is in the slow cooker.  I forgot to add heavy cream to the cheese sauce, so I added some after.  It should blend while cooking.  I didn't realize it only needs 2 hours in the slow cooker.  I'll be gone 7-9 hours.  Fortunately my slow cooker automatically switches to keep warm when time is up.

If it turns out good then post the recipe please.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 17, 2021 at 5:16 pm)brewer Wrote:
(November 17, 2021 at 4:17 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Cheesy green bean casserole is in the slow cooker.  I forgot to add heavy cream to the cheese sauce, so I added some after.  It should blend while cooking.  I didn't realize it only needs 2 hours in the slow cooker.  I'll be gone 7-9 hours.  Fortunately my slow cooker automatically switches to keep warm when time is up.

If it turns out good then post the recipe please.

It turned out well. The only misfire was that I didn't add enough salt. Once that was fixed, it was pretty good. The cheese sauce is a bit mellow, being a mix of Colby jack, cheddar, and parmesan. If I would make one change it would be to increase the amount of cheddar. Make it a little sharper cheese flavor.

Slow cooker cheesy green bean casserole
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
For atheist devilled eggs:

Boil and peel eggs
Cut lengthwise in half
Remove yellow centers
Serve
(November 18, 2021 at 12:10 am)Ranjr Wrote: For atheist devilled eggs:

Boil and peel eggs
Cut lengthwise in half
Remove yellow centers
Serve
Yolkless eggs.  Hungry

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 18, 2021 at 12:10 am)Ranjr Wrote: For atheist devilled eggs:

Boil and peel eggs
Cut lengthwise in half
Remove yellow centers
Serve

I would have think that balut is more atheist devilled. Oh well, to each his own.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving MR. Macabre 666 10 686 November 23, 2023 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Happy Thanksgiving!! Jehanne 42 3165 November 28, 2021 at 5:37 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Happy Thanksgiving! Jehanne 12 911 November 23, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10178 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  So. How'd it go? (Thanksgiving) Athene 34 3303 November 28, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving? SteelCurtain 46 4442 November 27, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Thanksgiving. American holiday, all nations welcome Owlix 17 4377 November 28, 2013 at 11:52 am
Last Post: c172