Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving!!
RE: Happy Thanksgiving!!
Good morning to everyone finally waking from their food comas.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Turned out that none of us really like green bean casserole, it's just tradition. My sister had made a green bean casserole, too. My brother-in-law said he liked mine.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
We're doing our dinner today, T minus 10 hours til dressing and gravy.
(November 26, 2021 at 10:06 am)Jackalope Wrote: We're doing our dinner today, T minus 10 hours til dressing and gravy.

I know it will be a welcome treat after days of hospital food!

Enjoy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It's probably my least favourite holiday(I'm not keen on them period, to begin with) but yes, hope everyone had a good time.

(November 26, 2021 at 9:54 am)Angrboda Wrote: Turned out that none of us really like green bean casserole, it's just tradition.  My sister had made a green bean casserole, too.  My brother-in-law said he liked mine.

Que? Have never heard of it.
I had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch today.  Hungry
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
It's the holiday that keeps on giving.
(November 26, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 9:54 am)Angrboda Wrote: Turned out that none of us really like green bean casserole, it's just tradition.  My sister had made a green bean casserole, too.  My brother-in-law said he liked mine.

Que? Have never heard of it.

The version I am aware of consists of cut green beans mixed with condensed cream of mushroom soup, baked, and garnished with fried onion bits (often from a can).

I get why people like it. Not my thing though. My wife adores it.
(November 26, 2021 at 10:11 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Que? Have never heard of it.

The version I am aware of consists of cut green beans mixed with condensed cream of mushroom soup, baked, and garnished with fried onion bits (often from a can).

I get why people like it.  Not my thing though.  My wife adores it.

I like it, I'd just made it twice in seven days. I'd had my fill. My sisters was like that. Mine had bacon and a cheese sauce instead of soup.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving MR. Macabre 666 10 687 November 23, 2023 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Thanksgiving Eats brewer 36 1839 November 19, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Happy Thanksgiving! Jehanne 12 913 November 23, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10180 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  So. How'd it go? (Thanksgiving) Athene 34 3304 November 28, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving? SteelCurtain 46 4443 November 27, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Thanksgiving. American holiday, all nations welcome Owlix 17 4378 November 28, 2013 at 11:52 am
Last Post: c172