Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninja ostrich
Ninja ostrich

RE: Ninja ostrich
Your obsession with these birds is troubling.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 14, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your obsession with these birds is troubling.

Boru

What made me obsessed about the similarity of Ostrich behaviour to human behaviour is this Ancient Arabic poem:

أَسَدٌ عليَّ وفي الحروب نعامة فَتْخَاء تَنْفُرُ من صفير الصافرِ

هـَــلَّا بَرَزْتَ إلى غزالةَ في الوغى أم كان قلبك في جناحَي طائر
Translation:

He's a lion on me but an Ostrich in warfare, like a camel running away from the whistle of nightingale

Would you show yourself for "Ghazala" in war, or was your heart in the wings of a bird?

Short story: The female "Kharejeya" named "Ghazala" faced the brutal Hajjaj bin Yousef in battle and called him for combat 1 to 1, but he coward and rejected her call, leading her to say this poem to his army.

Popcorn
Ninja ostrich? Is that an ostrich that bury its head in the sand while spitting throwing stars out of its ass?
Fashion ostrich.

[Image: uR5299r.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: icon_quote.jpg]BSB IV:
Your obsession with these birds is troubling.

You know what they say; birdbrains of a feather, flock together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three Cheetahs Vs Ostrich | Life | BBC Earth WinterHold 10 935 October 4, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Ostrich the Flightless Bird - African Wildlife Documentary Film with Narration WinterHold 24 1295 October 14, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ninja cat Darwinian 2 1132 February 13, 2012 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Darth