Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
And how does he do this you ask?

By being the exact same bullshit spouing, hypocritical scumbag his father was.

I'm wondering where he thinks his angle is.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
He'll be different. Things will be different this time.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
Jerry Sr's family made their dynasty in Lynchburg from the proceeds of Falwell Sr's dad moonshining. 

I lived in that city from college and after, working and renting and apartment, for over 10 years. That family has always only been concerned with being a degree mill, and asserting their power over that city. I went to another college, not the one Falwell started, but another. Two of the professors, prior to my attending, decades prior, wrote a book about that family exposing his bigotry and power mongering. Even while I lived there, the one local Newspaper, "The Lynchburg News And Advance" since the 60s was always a thorn in Falwell's side. Even in the 90s while I was living there, even their right wing, who did not attend his church or college, hated his bullying the city.

https://www.amazon.com/Jerry-Falwell-Wil...B0012GEAHU
(January 27, 2022 at 2:58 pm)Nomad Wrote: And how does he do this you ask?

I am shocked - shocked, I tellz ya! - that a rich, professional, evangelical Christian was less than sincere in his professed beliefs.

Gotta give him credit, though, for riding that gravy train until the little head started thinking for the big head.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If I ever tire of working as Randy Orlando, I'm so stealing "Giancarlo Grande."
(January 27, 2022 at 3:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

I am shocked - shocked, I tellz ya! - that a rich, professional, evangelical Christian was less than sincere in his professed beliefs.

Gotta give him credit, though, for riding that gravy train until the little head started thinking for the big head.

Boru

What does an ex-evangelical pastor do for a living? Used car salesman?
(January 27, 2022 at 3:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

don’t tell me christianity got to be where it is thanks to people who thought it was bullshit but very convenient for fleecing fools?

what will you tell me next?   that the forces which animate the republican party have no use whatsoever for any of the positions they used to corral morons once they have the morons securely locked away in their own pen?

(January 27, 2022 at 4:21 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(January 27, 2022 at 3:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I am shocked - shocked, I tellz ya! - that a rich, professional, evangelical Christian was less than sincere in his professed beliefs.

Boru

What does an ex-evangelical pastor do for a living?  Used car salesman?

nahhh, used car salesmen is way too limited in what he can promise and what he can hide.
They do the same thing they did before - peddle hate speech.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 27, 2022 at 4:29 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They do the same thing they did before - peddle hate speech.

Fair point. Simply because he’s not a Christian doesn’t mean his suddenly not a bigot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nah, he's still a christian. He makes that plainly clear in the interview. It's just that he doesn't believe in the christian religion. Like Don Jr, he probably wonders what turning the other cheek ever got an asshole but fucked.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Falwell Threesome Foxaèr 7 946 August 25, 2020 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87839 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11595 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 7684 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Wanted: Christians who reject the supernatural and a literal afterlife. Whateverist 48 11939 October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  I wanted to apologize as a Christian.... Polaris 69 12819 April 7, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3519 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11047 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9057 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 13811 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous