Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:44 pm

Poll: Do you remember your dreams much?
This poll is closed.
Usually.
0%
0 0%
Usually not.
42.86%
3 42.86%
It depends.
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Were You Dreaming About Last Night?
Did you have any dreams last night? Or, at least, do you remember any? If so, describe them.

I haven't actually remembered mine for a while but I am thinking about starting a dream journey.

But we could always talk about them here!

So, anybody else?

Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
RE: What Were You Dreaming About Last Night?
I almost never recall dreams, except when they wake me, and the ones that wake me are always of the horrifying variety.
Sometimes I dream in music! Anybody else ever had that?
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Don't worry about death;

Most of my dreams have an anxiety component.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I haven't remembered mine in a while now but they're either trippy and psychadelic, nothing but pure music, black and white only, a recurring dream that goes nowhere but is still fun, surreal and messy, on alien worlds, involving dinosaurs, involving aliens in general, me as an alien, me as a robot, my family members and friend who somehow look nothing like themselves .... or—I'm enjoying bloody serial killing sprees . . . IN THE DREAM. Although, I am lucid. Even my nightmares are fun.

It's the nice dreams that suck. I'll dream I've won the lottery and then wake up and be like "aw man". On the very very rare occasions that I'm not lucid, I mean.

Don't worry about death;

Only my scary ones are in color.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm)brewer Wrote: Only my scary ones are in color.

I wonder if I am always lucid and therefore unafraid when my dreams are 'bad' because I know that I am not capable of doing any of the things that I do in those dreams so I conclude that it must not be real. And then I end up being right.

Why am I always so surprised to discover that I might actually be a moderately decent person?

Don't worry about death;

Most of what I recall of my dreams are a few vague images that make no sense. It's only those dreams which are lucid that I have any recollection of.  Thinking
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
I'm almost 59 years old and have remembered *maybe* a couple of dozen dreams in my life. It is very unusual for me to even remember having had a dream, let alone what its content was.
I dreamt that my partner called me to open the door to let the dog out and I dreamt I got up and did that. Then I dreamt she was locked in the bathroom and needed help getting out, and I dreamt getting up and letting her out. Then I actually woke up and helped her up from a fall.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5399 439583 March 26, 2024 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 549 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 673 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2035 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1655 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1808 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 946757 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 685 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1041 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2688 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah