Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III
RE: [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III
(April 18, 2022 at 12:22 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(April 17, 2022 at 1:26 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Folks who believed the moon was split in two then reassembled.  It's fair to say they didn't know much about space.

Miracles are by definition an interruption of the laws of physics. Muslims believe God split the moon and reassembled it just like any other theist who believes in miracles.

How much one knows about space is irrelevant, whatever physical law that governs space can be interrupted by God anyway.
Tell your man winter, not me, he's the one who thinks that the miracle of hell is a black hole. Next thing you know he'll be telling us that god's throne has a street address.

I know that you believe that..just like any other theist who believes in miracles. That's what's so damned funny to me about what all of you believe, and twice as funny whenever any of you gets to babbling about magic book(s)
and science.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 17, 2022 at 1:23 am)JairCrawford Wrote: How can you guarantee that all other things are equal to make such statements on the sole basis of religion.. how many other factors were neglected ..?

No scholar from Mozambique ever won a Nobel prize. It must be because of christianity, it must be..!  Wacky

(April 17, 2022 at 1:23 am)JairCrawford Wrote: Long story short… I see no connections at all with black holes.

Nobody does. OP is being non sensical as usual.

(April 17, 2022 at 1:23 am)JairCrawford Wrote: The authors of the Tanakh, New Testament, and the Quran were not even aware of the earth being a sphere, let alone what a black hole was.

Ibn Taymiyyah reported a scholarly consensus (ijma') on the Earth being round. In other words, all major Muslim scholars of his era understood from the Qur'an and the prophet's sayings that the Earth is indeed round.  Ibn Hazm also reported this consensus.

Looks like you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh I could very well be wrong about that. But I’d need to see the specific studies on the consensus of the time. Specifically what does “round” mean? It could mean a sphere, or it could mean a circle. That’s a big difference. I know many modern Christian leaders refer to a verse in the Bible about “the circle of the Earth” as ‘proof’ that biblical writers knew that the earth is a sphere, even though the text blatantly and explicitly says circle, not sphere. So I’d need to see more info on these studies to be convinced.
(April 18, 2022 at 7:58 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Which mongol atrocities?  The timurid and mughal ones?  probably not..cuz muslim, or some such shit.  I think you should stick to getting one thing wrong at a time.  Is this alt astronomy or alt history time?

Atrocities like "executing masses of conquered people" by farting and facesitting them to death:

https://historycollection.com/the-mongol...ric-facts/

[Image: 38mongols-feasting-atop-captives.-pintrest.jpg]

Then they built skull towers from the skulls of my dead ancestors & yours.

They tortured humanity until people thought it was judgement day. 

They just didn't reach Spain, but they gave Eastern Europeans some hot, deadly farts to the death.

(April 18, 2022 at 9:50 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(April 18, 2022 at 7:39 am)WinterHold Wrote: So you're comparing the occupation of Spain with the Mongol atrocities?
..Score.

The Mongols never made it to Spain.  Al-Andalus was a major hub of Islamic scholarship and did not disappear even with the Reconquista, as Islamic texts were translated into Latin by the Christians.

Over the centuries into the modern era, Islam has become more anti-intellectual, that's why so few Muslims have won the Noble Prize.

The Islamic nation lost its soul after the defeat against the Mongols; they broke its soul.
That's why I adopted the Quran as the only constitution I follow; and defied any other sources written by Sunni/Shiite Muslims. Their sources are twisted and polluted.
Broke its soul? The Plague during the 14th and 15th centuries killed off between one-third to half-one of the population of Europe, and yet, the medieval universities continued to function. When plague broke out in England in the 17th-century, Isaac Newton left town, went back home, discovered calculus and went back to Cambridge a year to two later only to write the greatest mathematical treatise that the World has ever known, the Principia.
(April 18, 2022 at 7:37 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Atrocities like "executing masses of conquered people" by farting and facesitting them to death:
Sounds like a good time. I assume there was drinking, a jovial atmosphere. Maybe some distribution of trinkets, trophies, spoils and gifts of ill act done well, too?

Quote:Then they built skull towers from the skulls of my dead ancestors & yours.
So, a tuesday?

Quote:They tortured humanity until people thought it was judgement day. 
They were pretty good at psyops, yeah.  

Quote:The Islamic nation lost its soul after the defeat against the Mongols; they broke its soul.
That's why I adopted the Quran as the only constitution I follow; and defied any other sources written by Sunni/Shiite Muslims. Their sources are twisted and polluted.
Same source and method as magic book.  We've had this conversation too many times for me to take you seriously anymore.  That's something you tell yourself about your beliefs, but it's not actually important to your beliefs that it be true.  

I'm guessing you also wouldn't consider your religion disproven if it turned out that hells weren't black holes, either...huh......?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 18, 2022 at 7:37 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(April 18, 2022 at 7:58 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Which mongol atrocities?  The timurid and mughal ones?  probably not..cuz muslim, or some such shit.  I think you should stick to getting one thing wrong at a time.  Is this alt astronomy or alt history time?

Atrocities like "executing masses of conquered people" by farting and facesitting them to death:

They just didn't reach Spain, but they gave Eastern Europeans some hot, deadly farts to the death.

(April 18, 2022 at 9:50 am)Jehanne Wrote: The Mongols never made it to Spain.  Al-Andalus was a major hub of Islamic scholarship and did not disappear even with the Reconquista, as Islamic texts were translated into Latin by the Christians.

Over the centuries into the modern era, Islam has become more anti-intellectual, that's why so few Muslims have won the Noble Prize.

The Islamic nation lost its soul after the defeat against the Mongols; they broke its soul.

So basicly the Mongols operated in the exact same manner as the pre-islamic and islamic caliphate then. Boo-fucking-hoo.

PS, have you a reputable source for what you just asserted?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(April 18, 2022 at 7:37 pm)WinterHold Wrote:

(April 18, 2022 at 9:50 am)Jehanne Wrote: The Mongols never made it to Spain.  Al-Andalus was a major hub of Islamic scholarship and did not disappear even with the Reconquista, as Islamic texts were translated into Latin by the Christians.

No Mongol ever built a skull tower from the skulls of my ancestors. My ancestors’ cousins did that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

"KHORN!!"

"Blood for the BLOOD GOD!"

"I feel the warp over taking me. It is a good pain."

Tongue
(April 18, 2022 at 1:45 pm)JairCrawford Wrote: Oh I could very well be wrong about that. But I’d need to see the specific studies on the consensus of the time. Specifically what does “round” mean? It could mean a sphere, or it could mean a circle. That’s a big difference. I know many modern Christian leaders refer to a verse in the Bible about “the circle of the Earth” as ‘proof’ that biblical writers knew that the earth is a sphere, even though the text blatantly and explicitly says circle, not sphere. So I’d need to see more info on these studies to be convinced.

You can find the original narration of the consensus here : 

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/118698/c...h-is-round

Their main justification is the verse:

“He created the heavens and earth for a true purpose; He wraps the night around the day and the day around the night”

[az-Zumar 39:5]. 

The exegesis goes like this : The equivalent in Arabic of "wrapping around" can't apply to something that is flat, as the verse kind of describes how the Earth appears when looked at from afar, one half of it is roughly covered in sunlight and the remainder in darkness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4253 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1409 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4075 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2976 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1292 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4197 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11494 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part II WinterHold 38 2597 December 21, 2021 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris