Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here
New Here
Hi Everyone. Kinda nervous. Haven't really opened up on a forum about atheism before but am kinda having a down period in my life and thought I would give it a try. Ive become seriously isolated and depressed and feel i have wasted a portion of my life ruminating on the trauma from my childhood and the fallout of simply questioning my father and religion. Im 34 year old virgin and have been locked in my head it seems for a while. 

Thank you for listening.
RE: New Here
Welcome, don't be nervous, we don't bite - much.

Sorry you are down and depressed, that's not a fun place to be.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Thank you. Is it normal that I have apprehension about athiests even though I am one. I have some right leaning views and for some reason have lingering stigma of atheists in my head.
Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 12, 2022 at 9:15 pm)probablynothing#34 Wrote: Thank you. Is it normal that I have apprehension about athiests even though I am one. I have some right leaning views and for some reason have lingering stigma of atheists in my head.

We have all sorts of people here.  Overall, atheists are only the same in their non-belief in a god or gods.  There are also theists here of various flavors.  As with any group of people, you may connect with some and not so well with others.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hello. Smile
Welcome Woof.

If you approach me come in low, less of a threat, for both of us. Hehe

(BTW, I'm a centrist republican)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome.

Yes, THEY don't bite...

There's every flavour of atheist, so jump in and get to know us.

If you want to get into Valhalla, let me know.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 12, 2022 at 9:15 pm)probablynothing#34 Wrote: Thank you. Is it normal that I have apprehension about athiests even though I am one. I have some right leaning views and for some reason have lingering stigma of atheists in my head.

I hope you can have a good experience here. 

If you have some right-wingish sort of views, it might make sense for you to keep your cards close to your chest at first. People here are very comfortable posting vulgar personal insults against people they disagree with politically or socially. It sounds as if you may not be in the mood to deal with things like that. 

You will find support for your atheism here, and I hope this can lend you strength and peace. Best to guard your heart, however.
I dont mind. I used to care about politics and honestly kind of went insane. Trying to let shit like that go for now lol. I've become super introverted so its weird for me even to do this. Has anyone felt self hatred for their views because I have become a very self negative person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here Nomistic 13 519 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 952 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1253 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1080 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1584 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda