Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran.
[Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran.
In the Quran, this interesting; almost one of the most important verses I have read in my whole life states clearly:

Sura 21, The Quran:

https://quran.com/21?startingVerse=30&tr...C207%2C149

(30) Do the disbelievers not realize that the heavens and earth were ˹once˺ one mass then We split them apart?[color=var(--color-text-link)]1 And We created from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
[color=var(--color-text-faded)]— Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran[/color]
[/color]

Other translations:

This verse states explicitly that earth and heavens were a "single entity" that were "ripped apart" to produce the universe we see today.

This is exactly what scientists stated in the "Big Bang" theory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Singularity

This verse is referring directly that God ripped apart the "singularity", to create the universe we see today. 

This verse proves that the Quran stated explicitly that the universe was a "singularity" then got ripped apart by an unknown force leading to the Big Bang as we know it.
RE: [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran.
Counting the hits but ignoring the misses is a form of cognitive bias, being a departure from what one would conclude if things were rationally assessed.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm entirely certain you already did this one Winter. Is the hope that if you respool it in a new thread all of the previous issues pointed out to you will simply go away?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi Winter. I'm kind of surprised that your bipolar depressive phase kept you away this long.

How's your MS?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The next line says the mountains were placed on top of the Earth so the Earth wouldn't move? lol
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(June 6, 2022 at 8:45 am)WinterHold Wrote: This verse states explicitly that earth and heavens were a "single entity" that were "ripped apart" to produce the universe we see today.

This is exactly what scientists stated in the "Big Bang" theory:

No, that is not AT ALL what the Big Bang theory says. In particular, the Earth was NOT 'part' of the original singularity. In fact, the Earth didn't come into existence for another 9 billion years after the expansion started. There was a whole generation of stars before the Earth formed that produced the elements that the Earth is made of.

So, no, this is a completely incorrect description of what happened.

Which shows the Quran is wrong.
(June 6, 2022 at 10:31 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I'm entirely certain you already did this one Winter.  Is the hope that if you respool it in a new thread all of the previous issues pointed out to you will simply go away?

No, I wrote the topic because of this video:

The verse is spot on and accurate to stunning, almost scary levels.
Except for how it isn’t, at all, sure. Are you ever concerned that reducing magic book to a string of demonstrably false claims might cause you to miss what it actually gets right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That video back your claim at all winter  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

The Silmarillion tells us that Eru Iluvatar created the Ainur from the music of his thought. They gathered before him and made a great song, a music containing many themes of the individual Ainur for their vision of Ea, The World That Is. Eru made this melody reality through the power of the Flame Imperishable.

So, you know…neener neener in your face.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 17 763 Yesterday at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4257 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8179 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1410 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4076 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2977 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20455 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1213 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon