Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
New Theme
As you have probably noticed by now, I have installed a brand new theme for the forums. This theme was released specifically for MyBB 1.6 (the version we use), and includes new design features from the previous version. The theme upgrade has long been planned, but various things have gotten in my way.

It was originally planned that multiple different colour schemes would be available to users (as with the last theme version), but I have made an executive decision not to carry this across, for the following reasons:

1) Only about 20 members actually chose a theme different to the default.
2) Managing 12 themes is just not feasible. A simple theme change becomes a complete nightmare as I have to manually update each of the stylesheets.
3) With the blog theme going to be based on the forum theme, it makes sense to have one single theme that is static across the site.

I know some of you are going to complain about this, but I really don't think it is fair that we are asked to maintain multiple different themes that only a tiny proportion of the forum actually use. The compromise you have at the moment is that I've used a colour scheme that is a combination of the two most popular themes from the last version (black and dark blue).

Of course, with any big change, I'm sure there will be lots of feedback. I'm hoping most of it will be positive, but if you are going to post negative feedback, please keep it civil and constructive. It may be possible in the future to have multiple themes if enough people demand them, but for now, we are sticking with one.

As with all new changes, (especially themes), there is the possibility that something doesn't work. Whether it is a feature, or a customization that I failed to carry across, please report it in the usual way (i.e. in this thread, or in the problems forum).

-Adrian
RE: New Theme
Will you be placing the "old", "New" American Atheist images back into the topic index? I really liked those, and it would be an easy fix. This "blue dot, black dot" just doesnt have the same effect.
(May 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Will you be placing the "old", "New" American Atheist images back into the topic index? I really liked those, and it would be an easy fix. This "blue dot, black dot" just doesnt have the same effect.
I believe I've already done that. If you can't see them, try clearing your cache.
Also is there any possibility/need for that stealth theme we used for those ho aren't out of the closet yet?
Also I noticed that the private messages, doesn't have a new count by it, when there's a new mail. While this isn't a big deal for most, as a moderator that also PM's a lot it is now slightly less intuitive. Any way we could get the new mail count back?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Great look Adrian, I really like all the work you put into this site. But... you forgot to add the thumbs down option... again! Big Grin
Can you replace the blue with a steely grey? My eyes have a strong urge to pull away from the forum with all of this navy blue around :S
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Looks great!
(May 16, 2011 at 9:10 pm)Kyle Wrote: Looks great!

Ya know, with your avatar being what it is, your, "Looks great!" seems awefully sarcastic.
(May 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(May 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Will you be placing the "old", "New" American Atheist images back into the topic index? I really liked those, and it would be an easy fix. This "blue dot, black dot" just doesnt have the same effect.
I believe I've already done that. If you can't see them, try clearing your cache.

I see them now..didnt have to refresh either..great job Adrian..

..now for that arcade...
(May 16, 2011 at 9:04 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Can you replace the blue with a steely grey? My eyes have a strong urge to pull away from the forum with all of this navy blue around :S

Put grey colored sunglasses on and stop bitchin..

Here's a tissue for your issues
(May 16, 2011 at 9:16 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:
(May 16, 2011 at 9:10 pm)Kyle Wrote: Looks great!

Ya know, with your avatar being what it is, your, "Looks great!" seems awefully sarcastic.

Lol, I assure you it's not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Theme (Please Test & Give Feedback) Tiberius 102 15790 September 27, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Forum Theme Facelift theVOID 64 18131 July 21, 2011 at 4:55 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Theme Choices Tiberius 6 3546 November 22, 2010 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  New Mobile Theme Tiberius 3 5547 October 10, 2010 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Default Theme Tiberius 5 2482 March 3, 2010 at 8:27 am
Last Post: LukeMC
  Stealth Theme for people with fundamentalist controlling parents... Tiberius 13 6764 January 15, 2009 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: WWLD