Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking in...
Checking in...
Hi everyone,

I'm Jon from Manchester in the UK. Just found your forum on a google search and thought I'd join in the fun. Had the pleasure of growing up without any religious views being forced upon me by parents or family and so have been an atheist for about as long as I can recall. Of course, I suppose I had a period of agnostic views thoughout my childhood/teens but the absence of belief was pretty much solidified by the time I left school.

As for my interests, I have a major interest in the sciences as well as technology and the future. I love to read, though mainly non-fiction and I really enjoy a good debate about life, the universe and everything, so I'm going to go explore the site and hopefully join in some of the conversations. See you out there!
~Jon
RE: Checking in...
Welcome jon. I too am a john in the real world.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Hello and welcome. May your future posts be many and interesting ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 5, 2011 at 6:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Welcome jon. I too am a john in the real world.

Can't imagine that would be a fun jobBig Grin

But I bet you get to meet some real arses.Big GrinBig Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
welcome to the forum John, enjoy the fundy nutters baseless arguments. Its funny, especially statler's lame arguments.
(June 5, 2011 at 6:09 am)Caiman Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm Jon from Manchester in the UK. Just found your forum on a google search and thought I'd join in the fun. Had the pleasure of growing up without any religious views being forced upon me by parents or family and so have been an atheist for about as long as I can recall. Of course, I suppose I had a period of agnostic views thoughout my childhood/teens but the absence of belief was pretty much solidified by the time I left school.

As for my interests, I have a major interest in the sciences as well as technology and the future. I love to read, though mainly non-fiction and I really enjoy a good debate about life, the universe and everything, so I'm going to go explore the site and hopefully join in some of the conversations. See you out there!

Good luck... and welcome...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
'Lo there.
Hello.....

[Image: motivator34c5dbd3231742c829dd55f00c7a4afcc7acb61a.jpg]
Welcome
Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

alright jon, welcome.
city or united? or not bothered?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Bad Dumb Christian checking in... O_o bambi_swag 49 6450 October 2, 2015 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Dr. Hicks checking things out. Dr_Hicks 26 3377 June 23, 2015 at 2:45 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Checking in Whitey 27 3823 September 4, 2013 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Whitey
  Slumberjack checking in... Slumberjack 20 2551 May 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Checking in. Mister Agenda 22 3870 October 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Napoléon