Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:41 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
(July 4, 2017 at 10:36 am)Little Rik Wrote: The facts speak for themselves.

Atheists try to say that NDEs are not real.
Total fail.  Banghead
Atheists could not explain what philosophy is all about.
Total fail. Banghead
Argument after argument atheists fail to win a single argument. Banghead
Total fail so why should I be guilty of bias?  Smile

Even if for the sake of argument your judgments above were true, that has zilch to do with whether or not you are engaging in confirmation bias.

"He did it first" or "they do it to" are middle school-level "arguments" that demonstrate nothing.

The question is, do you begin with a conclusion and cherry pick or interpret evidence to support the conclusion, not?

(July 4, 2017 at 8:42 am)Little Rik Wrote: Beside is more likely that a crowd of people that say the same thing is more reliable then a single person
No. It's a data point, of course, but only a minor one. And most people have been wrong about many things throughout history. Flat earth. Bleeding and leeches. Any number of things. You are engaging in argument from popularity here.
(July 9, 2017 at 11:22 am)mordant Wrote:

Total fail.  Banghead
Total fail. Banghead

Even if for the sake of argument your judgments above were true, that has zilch to do with whether or not you are engaging in confirmation bias.

"He did it first" or "they do it to" are middle school-level "arguments" that demonstrate nothing.

The question is, do you begin with a conclusion and cherry pick or interpret evidence to support the conclusion, not?

(July 4, 2017 at 8:42 am)Little Rik Wrote: Beside is more likely that a crowd of people that say the same thing is more reliable then a single person
No. It's a data point, of course, but only a minor one. And most people have been wrong about many things throughout history. Flat earth. Bleeding and leeches. Any number of things. You are engaging in argument from popularity here.

Please stop feeding the troll (and you're being far too charitable calling those arguments 'middle school level'). This is a human being incapable of understanding the infinite regress problem of 'who created the creator'. Like, they literally cannot even comprehend that this presents an issue with the logic they're saying we are ignoring.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 9, 2017 at 11:22 am)mordant Wrote:

Total fail.  Banghead
Total fail. Banghead

Everything started with a joke when I said that my time is precious.
After that JackRussell wrote.......I don't know 'bout precious, but your time spent here is certainly pointless...........
That was not a joke so if someone can't get my jokes then I have the right to reply the way I feel and that way was..........Not at all Jack.

It is like hitting the center most of the time.
That is a real satisfaction..........

If from here you need to turn all in a serious intellectual lesson then I am afraid I will leave the last word with you.
Just not worth to continue.  Smile

Quote:No. It's a data point, of course, but only a minor one. And most people have been wrong about many things throughout history. Flat earth. Bleeding and leeches. Any number of things. You are engaging in argument from popularity here.

Sure, that however doesn't always apply.
As I already said in most cases when more people follow a certain way the more is likely that that is the best way to follow.
Likely doesn't mean 100% sure.
It just mean that the probabilities are stronger.  Lightbulb

There always are exceptions to the rule.
Winning against the odds bring a fortune but fortunes are a rarity.  Smile

(July 9, 2017 at 11:27 am)Astonished Wrote: Please stop feeding the troll (and you're being far too charitable calling those arguments 'middle school level'). This is a human being incapable of understanding the infinite regress problem of 'who created the creator'. Like, they literally cannot even comprehend that this presents an issue with the logic they're saying we are ignoring.

Smile  Wink  Smile  Wink  Smile  Wink  Smile  Wink

Hhhhhhmmmm, someone talking about logic?

It sound like the guy who failed again and again with all the arguments that he presented.  Wink

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Fucking damn it. Is this not obvious trolling yet? Please, someone get rid of this fucking eyesore, for the love of all that is science.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 10, 2017 at 11:00 am)Astonished Wrote: God fucking damn it. Is this not obvious trolling yet? Please, someone get rid of this fucking eyesore

It sound like I am dealing with a little kid that after losing the contest go crying to mum.  Shy

Quote:for the love of all that is science.

Well, well, well......... Rolleyes
After faking that he is an expert in logic now he is faking that he is an expert in science.  Wink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSolwVrXwDpApZM0ZdcaxR...GdcIW8Bh9g]
(July 10, 2017 at 11:19 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(July 10, 2017 at 11:00 am)Astonished Wrote: for the love of all that is science.

Well, well, well......... Rolleyes
After faking that he is an expert in logic now he is faking that he is an expert in science.  Wink

You'll have to forgive him, Rik. He probably doesn't even know what "intuitional science" is .. except that it is a contradiction in terms on a par with "braindead alertness".
(July 10, 2017 at 11:55 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(July 10, 2017 at 11:19 am)Little Rik Wrote: Well, well, well......... Rolleyes

You'll have to forgive him, Rik.  He probably doesn't even know what "intuitional science" is .. except that it is a contradiction in terms on a par with "braindead alertness".

What can I say Whatever?  Panic
I can't really argue with an expert like you in intuitional science.  Bird

[Image: From-Unknown-to-Expert-Book.png]
You did not leave a place for agnostics.
There is nothing to believe in at all. Religion is fictional fairy tale bullshit.

I am not even agnostic. There is so much information and solid, rational argument out there against the existence of any god or religion, it should be considered a fact.

To believe in any god is stupid and delusional.

There is absolutely no evidence out there for the existence of any god.

Yet religion is a powerful force still, in a technologically advanced world of today. Perplexing is an understatement.
I thought that was clear.

No.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Were you expecting something else?

Well, at least it was a question that didn't take much brain effort to answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4137 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 2995 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7313 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 34688 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2248 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 7833 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 12892 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 3911 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6221 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3149 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball