Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Atheism assault on Christianity
RE: Atheism assault on Christianity
I criticise all religions equally in the case of whether they are true or not. However some religions are more deadly (or potentially deadly) than others.

If I particulary criticise christianity that is just because I'm most familar with that religion and I simply use it as an example of religion, I'm in fact speaking against all religions.

This does not mean I am particularly against christianity or any religion. I disagree with them all. They are all equally untrue.

Futhermore... not only do most atheists here probably live in or come from christian countries, - or that they used to be christian and 'converted' to atheism...Not only that; also most theists that come to this board to criticise us atheists seem to be christians too.
As I have stated several times I am a former evangelist turned atheist over 14 years ago.I hate christianity and any god or gods that play the role of tyrant.The biblical god Jehova was very fond of controlling his people through fear and the threat of death for the most rediculous infractions.Not to mention the trail of blood that follows christianity and islam specifically.The countless deaths and murders committed by those so called devout followers of truth during the inquisitions,crusades and witch hunts just to mention a few.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

OF COURSE we assault Christianity first. What merit would a war for democracy have (figuratively, not American) if it was started by a fascist nation?

The first enemy that has to go is the enemy at your doorstep.

Nevermind the militant wording, I'm just being colourful.

Of course there's nothing that makes Judaism or Islam or Hinduism (or ...) better than Christianity -- they are all equally inane theist ideologies. In fact, they are at least as diverse (maybe Islam the most as they lack any meaningful organisation and are historically fragmented as tribes). In fact, if you disregard the moderates, they're all equally harmful (maybe Hinduism not so much, but then again I haven't been following Hindu history much).

Christianity isn't an easier target either. It's just a closer one -- and why ignore the elephant in the room?

It's not unfair. It's just the first on the list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26304 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6746 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  From atheism to Christianity? How so? Fruity 214 65384 January 6, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8459 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Why is Christianity false and Atheism true? savedwheat 362 96513 December 25, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18217 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Christianity compatible with atheism coffeeveritas 47 18343 October 5, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: frankiej