Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation, in small doses can it have large effect? your thoughts on this article
Meditation, in small doses can it have large effect? your thoughts on this article
I just wanted to get your thoughts/opinions on this article i found today on a blog from a psychology website, it claims meditation can have a large effect even when taken in small doses.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/chok...big-effect

I myself like to meditate, granted I don't believe it's going to heal me or give any powers or open a third eye or any of that kind of thing, but it does relax me greatly and I find it easier to concentrate on art and music projects afterwards. Anyone care to add their two cents??

RE: Meditation, in small doses can it have large effect? your thoughts on this article
I have never tried it, but I am sure it is quite good for clearing your head and relaxing and such.

I am also sure it can improve ones outlook on things... But, I wouldn't know where to start.

I'll just stick to my photocannabinoids...
Cunt
RE: Meditation, in small doses can it have large effect? your thoughts on this article
I meditate sometimes. It helps to calm me down and ease tension. I do yoga occasionally too. I used to do it every day, but I've gotten lazy about it. I don't believe there is anything supernatural about those kinds of things either.

I suck at sitting still and meditating. The best meditation I find is when I am working on a car or bike.
Trying to update my sig ...
Like when I'm transplanting seedlings. Focused concentration, and the world disappears. Sitting still is for sleeping.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Two things come to mind....

One -
Quote:While they meditated, people wore a cap full of electrodes, creating a picture of their brain activity.

Does the act of measuring change what you are measuring?

Two - some people go through life never thinking at all. They've got the boob tube or an Ipod blasting all the time so all they have to do is absorb like a big sponge. A little actual thinking might do their brains some good.
Of course, so would reading a book as long as it wasn't the stupid fucking bible.
Reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdToEj54Rp8
When I meditate it's mainly a practice of positive thinking. It's sort of like day dreaming, honestly. I love quite and still contemplation.

I love it too, in others.
The homeopathic theory of the effectiveness of meditation..hehehehe. Just one question, can someone meditate for me and then send that energy over telephone lines if the price is right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astrology: What's your Thoughts? RiddledWithFear 53 6680 December 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Chi/Ki/Meditation/Acupuncture McDoogins 16 4492 August 19, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Creationist Thoughts Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2278 December 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The Dark Side of the Placebo Effect thesummerqueen 2 1368 September 15, 2011 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: orogenicman