Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Wiccan deconversion, but still Discordian at heart.
RE: A Wiccan deconversion, but still Discordian at heart.
(November 5, 2011 at 12:15 pm)Anymouse Wrote:
I will not toss my Tarot or Mensa cards . . . I still find the imagery fascinating. Doesn't take religion to be fascinated.

As a hardcore fan of Silent Hill 3 video game, I, too, find Tarot cards very fascinating. Needless to say, I'm also interested in Norse Mythology.
(November 11, 2011 at 6:06 pm)Anymouse Wrote:
That was worth a hoot. Saint Monty Python, the Irreverent.
Angry Lynch Mob
I guess you gotta be quicker next time on the jabs. Interestingly, as my wife noted, I deconverted her first (from I'm not sure what, agnostic something-or-other).
Nope. Agnosticism is not a position on belief or nonbelief in God. I was a Samkhyin (atheistic sect of Hinduism ) all-the-while trying to graft it onto theistic Wicca, trying to re-create neo-theistic Samkhya. Didn't work.

I still practice the meditation from Samkhya. It works. I even believe some things from their scriptures, like the Samkhya Karika: "There is no God."
(November 11, 2011 at 6:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

Roger wilco on the cat ladies. As for the sense of wonder, all one really has to do is look up at night (if you live outside a city) at the Universe . . .

And to my Sweetie above, agnosticism is indeed a position on a deity, that one doesn't or can't know if one exists. Theism does not ask you to know, it asks you to believe. You can believe regardless of knowledge. But if you know, it is not much in the way of faith is it?

An atheist by definition only believes in things that can be known, and suspends belief in those that aren't until reasonable proof is put forth. In my mind an agnostic is an atheist who doesn't like the latter term.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Thank you for sharing your amazing story Anymouse, I enjoyed reading it. Smile
undefined
It was interesting reading this, wiccans are abit of a rarity and I don't know much about the religion other than what I've read on wikipedia. Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deconversion of a Preacher's Son Old Baby 2 1363 February 22, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My strange deconversion Excited Penguin 20 4382 July 8, 2015 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5279 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4488 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  A Southern Baptist's Deconversion Revisited L.A.F.2. 1 1684 October 1, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  My Deconversion ComradeMeow 2 1699 August 21, 2014 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  The deconversion of the preacher's kid christianatheist 11 3891 August 20, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: JimmyM35
  Christian to wiccan to new age to atheist k2490 12 4767 October 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  not a recent deconversion xpastor 13 4672 September 30, 2013 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Deconversion gilbertc06 0 1157 September 22, 2013 at 2:57 am
Last Post: gilbertc06