Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you care?
Question 
Why do you care?
I wonder why atheists are so anti-Christian? I mean, really, if you believe God doesn’t exist, then why trouble yourselves with what Christians believe? I notice no one complains about Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism, and no one complains much about cults, just Christianity.

I also wonder why there are rules in this forum against saying you are going to hell for your beliefs, and yet it seems you post continually about the injustice of Hell, or the fact that God is responsible for evil. Again, what do you care? If there is no God, why do you get so hot under the collar about it? No pun intended.

And if, to you, the evil in the world proves there is no God, how do you explain all the good? Thinking

Just some questions; just trying to keep it real.
RE: Why do you care?
We may disbelief god, but christianity does exist, and many of them believers are always trying to push religion down other people's throats, specially kids. When you see xtians trying to push creationism as if it were a theory of any merit into public schools, just to preserve their myths. When christians try to stop women from deciding what they do with their bodies, when christians are all the rage against doctors that perform abortions (even shooting them, how christian of them). When christians try to call people "abominations" just because of who they are, when christians, intead of keeping to themselves try to use god or the wholly babble as an argument.

Ah, so buddism and hinduism are cults now? We also bash them, so quit your persecution complex already. The thing is that to most of the forum's members, christianity is more prevalent in their lives.

BTW, the problem of evil is only a problem when it comes to the usual definition of the xtian god.
Evil and good are technically subjective. And yes, most of us encounter chrisians more than any others, although muslims are a close second.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Probably because most of us are from nations with majoritively Christian population.

I put up a thread 'questions for theists' where they answered mostly that I'm and my family are either in hell or going there. Join in it if you want.

People mostly have a problem with religion because it's just so obviously BS, yet it remains a massive part of peoples lives, even those who do not believe have to tolerate the stupidity.

No one here really cares about your kinds wacko beliefs, the problem occurs when your nutters use their beliefs to give reasons why they should or shouldn't choose to do something, like abortion or Rick Perry praying for rain or that retarded christian woman who prayed for the states debt to go away. When those beliefs cross over from fiction to make decisions in reality, people here, quite rightly get pissed off.
(December 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm)Egor Wrote: I wonder why atheists are so anti-Christian? I mean, really, if you believe God doesn’t exist, then why trouble yourselves with what Christians believe? I notice no one complains about Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism, and no one complains much about cults, just Christianity.

Religions have caused a huge amount of destruction, death and suffering over the centuries, and Christianity and Islam are by far the worst imo

Christianity just spread through Europe because it was the most violent, intolerant and destructive religion to come out of Europe. It destroyed every other European religion by forcing people under threat of death, and killing those that didn't.

Christians don't act this way now but I don't believe Christainity can ever not be a negative force on civilization while it is still around. Consider in the US how Christians are bigoted towards gays and stem cell research has been banned due to Christian beliefs.

Muslims in my country get so much more grief, quite rightly than our Christians, by comparison except for 20 odd bishops still getting the vote in the house of lords and the archbishop of Canterbury saying Muslims should be alowed to live in the UK with Sharia, they do not bother me in the slightest.
I'm bothered by religion because those who follow it can't keep their delusional shit to themselves. Christians and Muslims happen to be top for ramming their religious bullshit down people's throats. Knocking on people's doors and preaching to them. Many threaten hell and more. Many atheists are shown heavy levels of intolerance and quite frankly, we have every reason to stand up and moan about it.

I've got nothing against Hinduism or Buddhism because they keep it to themselves. They don't threat, kill or show any intolerance. Nuf Said.
Also I lack belief, I'm not claiming that god don't exist. I just don't believe in such a thing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(December 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm)Egor Wrote: no one complains much about cults, just Christianity.

Christianity is a cult Egor.

Definition of CULT
1: formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Nah, popeyespappy, they use a different definition:

CULT:
- Any religious belief except my own.

Big Grin
What everyone else here said about Christians (and other theists, but mainly Christians) not being able to keep their religion to themselves. Not to mention that a lot of politicians let their decisions be guided by their religious superstitions. I have no doubt that GW Bush went to war in Iraq because he thought he would be helping to bring about the war of Armageddon so Jesus would return. At the very least, he thought God was telling him to start a war there. Then you have all the Islamic terrorists, and the theocracy of Iran trying to build nuclear weapons. All of them with God telling them who to kill.

But I have a different question. Why do Christians care that atheists don't believe? Why do Christians such as yourself (and G-C and Statler) come here to an atheist forum and concern yourselves with the fact that we don't follow any religions (specifically yours)? I've never really understood the hatred thrown at us by Christians just because we don't share a belief.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4684 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4685 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 9974 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3444 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7749 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 19916 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14216 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11375 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  God doesn't care for baptisms Foxaèr 2 1026 March 31, 2014 at 11:06 am
Last Post: truthBtold
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11497 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik