Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you care?
RE: Why do you care?
(December 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Egor Wrote: I find it interesting that you expect Christians to act with Christian morality while at the same time you are opposed to Christianity. You seem to think people should behave like Christ, but then hate Christianity. Does that dichotomy bother you?

It's fucking hypocrisy that I hate.

Quote:Wacko beliefs? Christianity is 2000 years old. Countries have been built on it, Kings kneel before it, the whole of Western Civilization is built upon it, the very world you enjoy living in. Sorry, but you sound like the wacko, not me.

Oooooohh... 2000 whole shitty years. Are you too fucking wacko to know that 2000 years is nothing compared to how long more ancient gods were worshiped? Get a clue. Christianity hasn't been around very long at all in comparison. I can tell that you really want to come off as a smartass, but you're just making yourself look like a dumbass to those of us who have done a little research. Get over yourself.

Quote:I, for one, don’t want to see the world turned into the old Soviet Union or 1950’s China. That’s why I’m opposed to it. And I don’t want to see individuals lead down a spiritually dead path. But I come in here for the stimulating conversation.

So you're a paranoid wacko... interesting. Some people don't need spirituality. We don't care what you don't want to see. I don't even believe in "spirituality" in the sense that you speak of, and who is to say that your type of spirituality is right for all individuals?

Quote:It’s a warning, not a wish, and I didn’t invent Christianity. So, it’s not that you don’t agree with me; it’s that you don’t agree with Jesus Christ, and I happen to think the teachings of Jesus Christ are true.

I agree with very little Jesus supposedly said. So what?

You didn't invent xtianity, but someone did. It was a man with a serious personality disorder. So, it's safe to say that it could have been you, but you were just born too late. Pity.

Quote:I wonder why atheists are so anti-Christian?

OH for fuck sake! Here we go yet again. Are trolling or are you really that stupid?

An atheist is only a person who does not believe in gods,period.

SOME atheist are ALSO anti theist and anti Christian.Most people here are neither.We ARE anti-ignorance of the kind your posts display.

Me? I could not care less about your personal superstitions as long as you obey the law and stay out of my face. Coming here,to an atheist forum and asking stupid,ignorant and provocative questions constitutes getting in my face.

Do I hate you? of course not, I don't know you well enough to hate you. For all I know,you may well be a good decent person who is kind to children and other small animals. I'm annoyed by the content of your posts,not at you personally.

(December 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Egor Wrote: Why can’t you spell the word “Christ”?

He can spell it. It's just that, if he types it, he will burst into flame.
Quote:Why can’t you spell the word “Christ”?

Because I don't fucking feel like it.
It kind of makes me want to reply with x answers for a while. Xmas xtians, x almighty, Jesus X, X, you're stupid, etc. Don't worry, I won't troll. The thought of it just amuses me.
Found yet another forum to troll Egor?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Is this you, Egor?

Quote:When a Christian debates with an atheist, it has to be realized that you will never win the argument in the classic sense. In other words, the atheist will never admit defeat or concede a point.

Instead they will resort to an ad hominem attack. An ad hominem attack is when they have to resort to a personal insult in order to make their point. For example:

Christian: “The universe shows a great deal of order; therefore, its existence implies an intelligent creator.”

Atheist: “Only idiot would believe that.”

When the atheist resorts to insults, you have won. What’s important to realize is that continuing to debate beyond that point diminishes your victory. It makes you look small and needy. When an atheist resorts to insults, the argument is over and they have lost it. That is when you need to claim victory and end the debate with that person. Insults in debate indicate a complete exhaustion of ideas.

Of course, this only applies if you, yourself, have not resorted to insults. If you are insulting the person you’re debating, you can’t expect them not to insult back. Whoever throws the first insult in a debate between a Christian and an atheist is the loser.

So, in atheist debates:

Rule#1: Do not personally attack the atheist.

Rule #2: Claim victory and walk away when the atheist insults you.

Here to "win" some debates? Wink

Oh, this is fun.

Quote:Furthermore, it makes no difference what evidence or arguments are presented to an atheist, they want to disbelieve in God (usually for sexual reasons) so they will simply deny whatever they are shown--even the clear order of the universe.
(December 1, 2011 at 9:48 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Found yet another forum to troll Egor?

Oh, so you've encountered this lovely little xtian before! Tell me, is coming onto an atheist forum asking dumb fucking questions his standard MO?

(December 1, 2011 at 9:50 pm)Shell B Wrote: Is this you, Egor?

LOL! That’s funny Shell. Not for what he said there but for what he wrote a couple of post below that one where he was whining about being banned from the .com forum. Edward claims he was banned for the contents of a particular post. It’s a bald faced lie. He was banned for being a sock.

Lying Egor? Very Christian of you.

(December 1, 2011 at 9:51 pm)aleialoura Wrote:
(December 1, 2011 at 9:48 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Found yet another forum to troll Egor?

Oh, so you've encountered this lovely little xtian before! Tell me, is coming onto an atheist forum asking dumb fucking questions his standard MO?

That and providing dumb fucking answers. Wink

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Shit, I forgot to put up a link for that quote. If anyone is reading his funny thread, please throw a link in here for me. If not, I'll do it in a few minutes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4678 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4679 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 9966 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3437 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7738 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 19912 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14207 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11371 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  God doesn't care for baptisms Foxaèr 2 1026 March 31, 2014 at 11:06 am
Last Post: truthBtold
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11494 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik