Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bioware Characters?
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters?
(February 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Woah, okay. I'll take this one at a time.

I love how the only one you defended was Merrill.

[Image: 456474931_0356ba4a8d.jpg]

Quote:1. You say she's a ditz. I argue that she's just out of place in human society. If you went to live with the Dalish, you'd probably look like a ditz to them. Yet she somehow is intelligent enought to avoid being possessed by demons, and figure out how to repair the Eluvian (until Marethari messed it up, though Marethari likely did save Merrill from demons, so there's that.)

Just out of place in human society? Her own people cannot wait to be rid of her!

Intelligence has nothing to do with ability to avoid 'possession'. You will notice that the head-honcho mage in the story turns into a big ugly abomination at the end?

I say she's a ditz, a bumbling danger to herself and everyone she cares for, who is only saved from possession because she was someone's pet project.

That... or the demons see no point in possessing her. She's too boring for even them.

Quote:2. You say she's a dumb blond/naive. Same answer as number one.

Same response.

Quote:3. You say she ends up slaughtering her entire clan. That is optional, as on my profile, her clan is very much alive given my dialogue choices.

How the fuck did you get that to work? It's like getting the werewolves to side with you in DA1: there is only one way to do it, and it's complete and total hax that should not have been possible in the first place.

Quote:4. You say she has a terrible voice actor. It's a Welsh accent, so maybe that's why it seems odd? Anyway, I like all of her dialogue except the crying- it sounded too much like laughing.

Are you smoking something? I did not say 'her accent pisses me off'... no: her voice does. Odd? Not remotely... just sounds like every other foolish kid character archetype. Her character writing is asinine and expressively self-important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N05P9WlDm3s

The kid who wants to save everyone, and can do no wrong, and is so smart, and so strong... but is still a small child, and often an idiot child at that. Oh, and possessed, so that's cool.

Quote:5. You say she's timid, and she stutters. That is true. You also say she never grows up, which is not true. In the endgame and during some later parts in her romance, she is calm and resolute, and is willing to die for the mages and Hawke.

I've smexed her for the achievement... I felt foul and sick and had to shower immediately. Calm and resolute? What game did you pick up? Because in the game I played: she was whiney and boring and prudish.

A willingness to die is not a characteristic of anyone who isn't emo... please don't mistake it for the quite mature willingness to fight for another's sake till your last breath.

Quote:Btw, I'm timid and I used to stutter, so I don't mind people with those qualities.

I'm bold, and only stutter when I'm so totally turned on that I have difficulty forming words without gasping in the middle of them or moaning them into dust.

I become increasingly forward with someone interesting who is hesitant/timid/stutters... Merrill is not interesting to me. And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKAbJhiCJNo

Revolting.

Quote:As for the pedophile remark, you have no idea how to tell an elf's age, and neither do I. Considering she was an adult in Dragon Age; Origins, however, and you can't romance her until 5 years after the end of the first game, there is no way she's underage.

Don't misunderstand me when I say 'underage'... I don't mean 'below some arbitrary line of legality', oh no: I mean you are fucking a kid. In this game, Merrill has next to no experience with friends, no experience with lovers, and you happen to be pretty much her only friend and lover. Quite clearly to me: you are taking advantage of her.

I can sure as fuck tell you when I'm having sex with a child (if), I don't give a shit how old they are. She clearly has never had sex before this, and the whole scene is godawful.

And she needs to update her undergarments... what revolting shit is she wearing? So many frills for the sole purpose of hiding her not-cleavage Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 1:24 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 26, 2012 at 7:55 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by passionatefool - February 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:51 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 9:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by AshesEmoFae - February 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 12:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 8:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by thebigfudge - February 27, 2012 at 8:50 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Jaysyn - February 27, 2012 at 9:52 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 9:59 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 10:09 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 10:15 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 11:07 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Characters (tv, movies, literature etc.)? Kernel Sohcahtoa 93 8458 September 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your top three GoT characters? Foxaèr 53 5211 June 15, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Hypocrisy in the Hollywood portrayal of overweight characters Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2651 February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Favorite characters, and beyond.... Angrboda 66 29506 July 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Reforged