Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bioware Characters?
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters?
(February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Oops, didn't mean to repost.

Hahahaha, why do you have to post this while I was writing the first response? Tongue

Quote:Vaeolet Lilly Blossom-

I never thought Avaline was stuck-up. She dislikes criminals, and I think that most of us would agree with her on that. Of course, if her friendship is maxed and your Hawke chooses to overthrow the Chantry (as mine did), she sticks with you, despite a bloody mage revolution conflicting with what you call conservative values. (I would imagine conservatives would side with the Chantry over apostate mages.)

The very first thing she does after I've been in Kirkwall for a while, is tell me that I'm horrible, wrong, that she's been stalking me, and that she won't give me a job. After all I've done for her: consorted with a dragon, saved her life, fought endless waves of darkspawn alongside her!

And then regardless of if I dare to flirt with her... Mr. Dickus the Darkhorse swoops in out of nowhere and woos her with nothing but stupidity, conservatism, long locks of dark hair, and his 'ever so manly' guard uniform.

I bet he even has sex in his armor... it's the only 'decent' outfit he has.

Either way, her opinions are very clearly on the templar side of things, which is why your friendship has to be maxed with her to get her to join you in the first place! Because she is an archetypical conservative bitch.

Quote:As for Morrigan. . .yeah, she's a bit of a bitch. She's also highly intelligent, and I never once saw her do something evil that didn't have solid, coldly logical justification.
As for her sleeping with you and leaving, with the Witchunt dlc, you can go with her through her conjured Eluvian.

Don't care about the DLC, since it's just that: DLC. A way to gouge more money from me when the character involved didn't interest me in the first place! Flemeth? Interesting character. Yet another one of Flemeth's 'daughters'? Boring, archetypical, and a general bitch.

When did she prove her intelligence? When? I never saw it, I honestly want to know. She's proven she knows some magic, like at least half the mages in the fucking game, most of which are complete idiots (and die in the tower, go team!).

Solid, coldly logical explanation? You mean paranoia, self-importance, and a complete misunderstanding of 'survival of the fittest' (that being the most lucky survive, fitness increasing but your chances)?

Quote:Come one, come all, judge for yourselves if this is pedophilia. (It's not.)

My girlfriend seems to think so Smile

Quote:Come on, Vaeolet. How can you not like Merrill? Wink Shades

Easily... for all of the reasons posted before and more (example: the bullshit regarding the eluvian, we saw what that shit did to the Dalish warden, no thank you, and she was there too, so you'd think she'd remember that part!).
(February 27, 2012 at 12:45 am)Aegrus Wrote: Vaeolet-

I argue that intelligence has everything to do with possession, and Arch Mage Orsino was only possessed when he became so desparate that he could not think clearly. All of your conversations with demons in the game deal with outsmarting them in some way.

Desperate? Hah... the mages had a well fortified position, your assistance as foot soldiers, and his normal magic was plenty enough to do massive waves of damage.

What he did endangered (and infact killed) many of his mage friends, and turned on you instead of the templar hordes he should have attacked.

My blood mage never had a single problem with demons. I was never faced with any pacts that I had not agreed to, and in particular I was pissed off that all of my party members except Anders fucked up the one time that we entered the Fade. Oh I was pissed, it's like they were all intentionally written stupid for that scene.

"I like big boats and I cannot lie"... really Isabella? See: I even knock on characters I do like most of the time.

Quote:Also, notice I did post defenses for Avaline and Morrigan, though when I said "one at a time", I more of meant I would defend Merrill against your individual points.

I notice that, albeit I didn't get to see them until the Merrill one was under way. I have a practice of not clicking 'post reply' until I have fully responded... and it generally works for me.

But why expressly defend Merrill? Hell, I'll brutalize Anders and Fenris, and I'll mock Varric after he stops making fun of himself, Isabella is a greedy and traitorous slut who will try to screw you over in at least every Act... but I can find something redeemable in all of them.

I cannot find that in Merrill.

Quote:You seem heavily biased against Merril simply because she is awkward around people. I don't think you actually gave her a chance, but was instead intent on hating her the entire time simply because DA II let you down. You even insulted what she was wearing- clearly a factual, unbiased argument.

DAII let me down horribly... the story is bland, expectable, repetitive, with zero flow to it, choppy, and the only thing that saves it is that Varric is telling the story under pressure. I can find nothing respectable in the story of Dragon Age 2... which considering it's background in the original DA: is appalling. The only stories in the game worth telling were the micro-stories.

I am biased against Merrill, it's true... but not simply because she is awkward (around people? Fuck, she's awkward everywhere, even with the mice in her house!). That doesn't help her case... but it is not the sole reason I despise her.

I despise Al from Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood too) for many of the same reasons I despise Merrill, and these are the same reasons I hate all 'kid heros':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ybODUYYSRM

Regarding what she was wearing: THIS IS A VIDEO GAME. It is an aesthetic experience, and part of that experience is what someone's wearing. I AM A COSTUME-MAKER: aesthetic things mean a lot to me. To you, it's an affectionate aside... to me, it is a mood-killingly bad style choice.

Like coming to bed with an intention of sex while wearing this:

[Image: chicken_costume_9987.jpg]

Quote:Anyway, how am I a pedophile when you say you had sex with her just for the achievement? If Im a pedophile, doesn't that make you a prostitute pedophile? Cool Shades

I'm a slut, and I know it Smile I cannot think of one person who'd tell you differently that isn't named 'Mom', 'Dad', or 'Grandma'.

And no, to be a pedophile I'd have to be attracted to the kid. Quite the opposite, she revolted me from shortly after the start with her terrible (read: shoddy) defense of blood-magic.

So the truth is that I'm plenty often willing to do something simply because I get a medal for it. If only I got a medal for growing C-cup breasts as soon as humanly possible, I'd be there in a flash Wink

Quote:I'm joking, of course. I don't want to turn this hostile, as I already promised not to hit you with a stick.

* Violet struggles to care, she's not hostile, simply opinionated. And more than a little willing to defend her opinions. Not that she won't back down if she's wrong... it's just that you'll have to show her first. That is not necessarily easy.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 1:24 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 26, 2012 at 7:55 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by passionatefool - February 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:51 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 9:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 12:37 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by AshesEmoFae - February 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 12:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 8:45 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by thebigfudge - February 27, 2012 at 8:50 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Jaysyn - February 27, 2012 at 9:52 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 9:59 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by leo-rcc - February 27, 2012 at 10:09 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 10:15 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by NoMoreFaith - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 11:07 am
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Violet - February 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Napoléon - February 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm
RE: Favorite Bioware Characters? - by Aegrus - February 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Characters (tv, movies, literature etc.)? Kernel Sohcahtoa 93 8455 September 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your top three GoT characters? Foxaèr 53 5209 June 15, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Hypocrisy in the Hollywood portrayal of overweight characters Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2650 February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Favorite characters, and beyond.... Angrboda 66 29506 July 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Reforged