Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do
RE: The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do
(February 29, 2012 at 9:28 am)Rhythm Wrote: Well, with the exception of some outliers, genetic sequencing doesn't show anything like that Mehmet. Major language families had been developed, these were fully modern human beings. If europeans colonized the americas in any substantial way before the Native Americans (an amusing term, regardless, and discussions like this emphasize exactly why) they were either completely outclassed in the resource gathering dept, or in direct conflict, or both.

Indeed.

(February 29, 2012 at 4:38 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They probably said, look, there is another human. That's it.

Not bloody likely!
"Look there's the boogey man! Let's kill him!" is much more likely. They looked differently, they sounded differently, they probably smelled differently (important back then) and tasted differently too (maybe like fillet steak...), they were unknown (when they first met), they probably possessed what the others coveted, they were considered to encroach on the First Nation's turf/territory/hunting grounds, and they were vastly outnumbered.
Like Homo Sapiens Sapiens killed off the last Homo Neandertals and Homo Denisovans – boogey men to them, the First Nations probably wiped out the Solutreans/Caucasians. The competition. Simply because they could.

The first genocides among humans/homo probably took place 30,000 to 50,000 years ago. On Neandertals and Denisovans. The north American Caucasians were just another victim, 20,000 years later. And the 'phenomenon' has never left us since. As we know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do - by Rokcet Scientist - February 29, 2012 at 10:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 466 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3922 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good job, Nebraska! I think I'll have some celebratory corn tonight. Alex K 8 1576 May 28, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Are the USA and China "peace-loving nations"? Aractus 16 4514 January 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Question Mark
  Due process possibly being abolished. Article & Petition Explaining. Handprint 23 5734 December 14, 2011 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist