Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question that shatters faith, forever.
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever.
(March 21, 2012 at 8:02 pm)LiberalHearted Wrote: That is the point if you choose NOT to take responsibility of a thought process. Worship blindly then there is NO respect for thinking individuals. Nor others of different faiths.
So your answer is peer pressure? The reason you can not believe in God is because what "others" (Who could hate God for all you know) would not think highly of you? Forgive me but how foolish is that? That is like not wanting to date someone you love because of what your friends think. Why does your life have to be approved by your peers? why can't you be your own person? (Remember this when you ask about us not being able to do what we want to do)

Quote:There are contradictions in this Bible and it's god; that is worshiped - how is that perfect?
ah.....do not question blah blah blah...Coincidence or a weak explanation for thoughtlessness?
You completely misunderstand. The verse i live by is 1thess 5:21 "Question ALL Things, and hold on to what id Good."

This means do not just question the questionable, question also the foundational. I have answers for people because i too have already asked those questions. I have literally reconstructed every principle apologetic teaching and doctrine and kept what is "good."

Quote:Why, in Leviticus the original 'law's was slavery not abolished?
Because Slavery is not a sin. Slavery sets a paradigm for the believer. One must become a slave to God. To be a proper slave one must understand the concept of slavery. Therefore we must have a biblical example/understanding of what a slave is.

Quote:Omnipotence is a frame of existence of complete power, omnipresent always there (feeling the pain of the slaves down the centuries?) What's missing? Oh Omni percipient able to perceive everything.
That's what this life is. It is pain. We must know and completely have a full understanding of pain to last us an eternity. So we then can understand the true product of sin.

What is worse, 70 years of absolute pain or an eternity separated from God in Agonizing pain because that person fell into sin? If we live a life of "Managed pain" (For we will not be given more than we can bear) we can live an eternity in the expressed will of God with complete contentment because we will know what the fruit of sin is and will not be tempted by it as just about all sentients who were created in the presents of God were.

Quote:Why is that perception thing missing from this all perfect all knowing example of mythology?
you are aware that none of the "omni-"aspects of God are actually in the bible correct? They are simply terms the R/C Church came up with to quickly describe certain aspects of the infinite nature of God. Now because they are a finite term created by finite man, they will fall short when describing an infinite God.

Quote:Respectfully, you can and have the freedom to do what you wish.
With equal respect; We find Freedom because our righteousness is not tied to our deeds or works. Again with respect, You are the slave in the more traditional sense, (and you don't even know it) for you are bound by the laws and consequences of sin. You are forced to live a sinful life, you have no choice but to be outside of the Expressed will of God, and you will be made to account deeds and will have to pay the cost of your actions. You do not have a choice in the matter, and that is a defining characteristic of a slave.

(Another reason to know slavery well, so that you are not fooled into becoming one forever.)

Christians have more freedom in that, when they sin they find forgiveness, and they find reward when they live with in God's expressed will.

Quote:Yet, asking someone to respect you when what you say is disrespectful to a thinking person, why and what makes you different?
I do not understand the question.
Why do you suppose a faithful man does not think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:24 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:38 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:32 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:49 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:56 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:59 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 8:26 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 20, 2012 at 6:07 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 21, 2012 at 2:57 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 23, 2012 at 8:36 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 23, 2012 at 8:19 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 23, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11007 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57987 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4271 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 5743 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4285 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22776 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 36943 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation The blind trust can lead to faith theBorg 63 8523 August 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5013 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet