Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L.A. Noire
L.A. Noire
Did anyone else wast- er, I mean spend money on this game?

I completed it a while back, and gave it another whirl today.

I can't quite make up my mind whether this is a brilliant piece of interactive story telling, with amazing detective gameplay; or whether it is in fact the most boring, pointlessly impossible waste of time I've ever spent my money on.

I mean, it's practically impossible to achieve 5 star case ratings (for every case) without either doing them a hundred times (which would take forever) or going on the internet and following a walkthrough. The latter just takes any sense of fun out of the game completely, but you're really left with no choice if you want to actually redo the cases perfectly.

Besides this, sometimes I sit there playing it thinking, what the fuck am I seriously wasting my time on here. It feels a lot more like an interactive film than a game. A lot of the mini-games are just there to fill time and I have a hard time finding purpose to anything you do in this game. Aside from all that, when I completed it the first time the story was one of the strangest and straight up WTF stories I've ever played through.

There's only one character in the entire game I actually gave a shit about (Rusty) and even then he played a relatively small role as your sidekick for about a 5th of the game.

The missions and gameplay are extremely repetitive, and often get boring.

The only saving grace which makes me come back to the game are basically the graphics, and some of the cases are actually mildly interesting.

Oh, and ANOTHER thing. They went out of their way to make this super realistic 1950's version of LA and filled it with fuck all but a few cars.

So anyone else played this, "game"? Not sure whether I'm being too critical, I mean at certain points I do really enjoy it, but more often than not I'm just sitting there thinking what the fuck am I even playing it for?

Messages In This Thread
L.A. Noire - by Napoléon - September 11, 2012 at 9:02 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Polaris - September 11, 2012 at 9:05 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Napoléon - September 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Polaris - September 11, 2012 at 9:17 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Napoléon - September 12, 2012 at 7:00 am
RE: L.A. Noire - by frankiej - September 12, 2012 at 6:53 am
RE: L.A. Noire - by Nine - September 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Reforged - September 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Napoléon - September 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Reforged - September 12, 2012 at 4:04 pm
RE: L.A. Noire - by Napoléon - September 12, 2012 at 7:49 pm