Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The incredible shrinking religion
The incredible shrinking religion
Christian Right Has Major Role in Hastening Decline of Religion in America
Quote:Every piece of social data suggests that those who favor faith and superstition over fact-based evidence will become the minority in this country by or before the end of this century. In fact, the number of Americans who do not believe in a deity doubled in the last decade of the previous century according to both the census of 2004 and the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) of 2008, with religious non-belief in the U.S. rising from 8.2 percent in 1990 to 14.2 percent in 2001. In 2013, that number is now above 16 percent.

If current trends continue, the crossing point, whereby atheists, agnostics, and “nones” equals the number of Christians in this country, will be in the year 2062. If that gives you reason to celebrate, consider this: by the year 2130, the percentage of Americans who identify themselves as Christian will equal a little more than 1 percent. To put that into perspective, today roughly 1 percent of the population is Muslim.
My only regret is that I won't be around to see it. I guess I should celebrate now.
If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people — House

Messages In This Thread
The incredible shrinking religion - by xpastor - March 28, 2014 at 6:08 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by tor - March 28, 2014 at 6:17 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by pocaracas - March 28, 2014 at 6:37 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by max-greece - March 28, 2014 at 9:14 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by bladevalant546 - March 28, 2014 at 8:44 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by tor - March 28, 2014 at 8:55 am
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by bladevalant546 - March 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm
RE: The incredible shrinking religion - by max-greece - March 28, 2014 at 9:27 am