Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God made me do it :/
RE: God made me do it :/
Quote:Hammer’s explanation for the incident, as told to the Orange County Register:
“Honestly, have you ever been grabbed by the Lord in a way you never thought you would or you could? That’s exactly what I’m testifying to, and I’m not speaking in hyperbole. I’m speaking right from the heart.”
Hundreds of thousands of altar boys just nodded and then began sobbing.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Messages In This Thread
God made me do it :/ - by Losty - May 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by Foxaèr - May 21, 2014 at 6:32 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by Elskidor - May 21, 2014 at 7:14 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by The Valkyrie - May 21, 2014 at 7:17 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by Tonus - May 21, 2014 at 8:27 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by Mystical - May 21, 2014 at 10:28 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by LostLocke - May 21, 2014 at 11:32 pm
RE: God made me do it :/ - by Cinjin - May 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm