Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
Welcome aboard.

First up, don't worry, your English is fine (better than many native speakers, in fact).

I know it's difficult to live a lie, especially for atheists in a religiously dominated culture, but in your instance I would suggest keeping quiet about it, at least initially.

Bring up atheists with your parents, without saying that you are one, and see their reaction. That will give you some indication of how they will react.

I know there's a growing number of atheists quietly living within Saudi, and indeed, Muslim society (if the reports I've read are correct), but when the country indentifies atheists as "terrorists" it might be prudent to remain silent for the time, until there's a cultural shift - and indications are there's such a shift slowly going on behind the scenes in the Muslim world - at least I hope so.
Dying to live, living to die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents - by The Valkyrie - July 13, 2014 at 4:22 pm
RE: Should i - by MagetheEntertainer - July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unaccepting Parents Insertcoolnamehere 22 5532 May 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Violet