Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
(July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm)Hollyblades Wrote: we are meeting in a mall in a couple of days sense we didn't meet together the entire summer and as they are loyal and honest friends should i tell them or not?

I wouldn't unless you are a million percent sure they share the same views as you. Since you aren't sure, you only suspect that they might be sympathetic, then don't tell them. You don't know whether the indoctrination they have received will overpower their loyalty to a friend and simply hearing that you have doubts might be enough to make them tell someone and then you're sunk. Don't assume that just because they don't pray 5 times a day and because they have friends that are female that they automatically agree with you. Indoctrination is a powerful thing. Be very careful how you proceed.

As others have said, it's probably best to not tell anyone anything until you're financially independent and, hopefully, out of the country where your safety is less of an issue if you do come out.

(July 13, 2014 at 10:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm thinking laying low in Saudi Arabia is an excellent idea, but I might add an idle musing;

what if 95% of the ruling family, and 2/3 of the public is on the 'down low' too ??

Pipe dream. But an interesting thought experiment.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Should i - by MagetheEntertainer - July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents - by Clueless Morgan - July 14, 2014 at 10:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unaccepting Parents Insertcoolnamehere 22 5523 May 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Violet