Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View
(January 16, 2010 at 4:28 pm)Knight Wrote:
Quote:I've demonstrated several times now how you can know about something from what it is not. Observation simply doesn't apply. And to appeal on the grounds of special pleading is fallacious. Just because something is unique doesn't mean is can't exist.

No, you have not. You have attempted to, but you have been shown that it is full of bullocks. Observation has to apply. I asked you already to name one thing which we know to exist that cannot be observed. Your answer was the color blue. I countered this. You still insist you are right. That doesn't make you right.

I have shown precisely, and all you have done is to try to introduce objectivity of a non object. What strange logic! The 'blue' answer was not mine, but your fellow atheist. I don't 'insist' that I am right. I presume to be right in the absence of reasonable opposition.

(January 16, 2010 at 4:28 pm)Knight Wrote: And I did not say that just because something is unique it can't exist. I do not appreciate your straw man fallacy. You have assumed God has a unique attribute. This would not be a problem if it was actually observable. That is the difference.

Well what is your special pleading' point if not a plea to uniqueness?? So you accept that uniqueness is no reason to except the possibility... so you can consider a being without needing to be observable then?

Messages In This Thread
Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by Knight - January 15, 2010 at 6:23 pm
RE: Ontology of God--Theological Noncognitivist View - by fr0d0 - January 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A contradiction in the liberal view of gender shadow 64 11995 September 18, 2017 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Devil's advocate for why ontology is meaningless and vacuous. Edwardo Piet 76 6608 September 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Cynical view of happiness. paulpablo 77 7483 July 10, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  My View on Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 29 7244 March 4, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question One thing that makes you doubt your own world view? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2719 July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different