Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church
RE: Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church
(April 14, 2010 at 5:03 am)Shinylight Wrote: Adrian is right, we should protect the right of Free Speech.
Yes, he and you are 'right' on that note.

Quote:Without Free Speech, why even have an opinion. If we don't get more Libertarian in this country and in the US then we will lose something everyone should have the right to have..a voice.
Libertarianism is... this?:
dictionary Wrote:an extreme laissez-faire political philosophy advocating only minimal state intervention in the lives of citizens.
One hardly loses their voice because of some light government interference in their lives (such as attempting to keep its people alive and well by regulating some behaviors). I agree that some things shouldn't be regulated (such as speech, what people can look at, etc)... but I'm all for moderate regulation in the business lives of people.

Quote:Even if you are a racist, bigoted fool you should still be allowed to tell people what you think, offensive or not. I do feel sorry for that Father, they picked an extremely sensitive time for him.
I don't disagree... however here is another place where regulation served to be good (keeping them 1000 feet away and the like). Would you not call that a regulation on free speech?

Quote:We lose Free Speech, we lose our Humanity.

Human slaves aren't... human...? Humans have throughout history had areas lacking in the 'freeness' o their speech... are you telling me they weren't humans?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church - by Violet - April 14, 2010 at 7:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Xtian Soldiers Are At It Again Minimalist 3 1659 September 18, 2014 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  IHOP Sues a Prayer Group. Eilonnwy 4 1912 September 18, 2010 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Watson