Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions?
RE: Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions?
Again I think it's irrelevant. You have some people (God knows why they think this) who hail good ol Mo as a champion of women's rights and a feminist. Yes, a full 1000 years before feminism really kicked off and despite him marrying a child.

It doesn't matter what Jesus and Muhammad were like because I can see the point of what some people say; it's not about "being a good Muslim like Muhammad", it's about power. These parasitical imams will appropriate the religion and call anything they want to "Islamic", and will silence people who disagree with them on accusations of blasphemy. That's why I think anyone who defends Islam's human rights abuses are very stupid.

Also in the context of the time, Muhammad wasn't particularly exceptional either. He's far from the only man in history to take a child bride and kill people. I don't mean to defend him, he's a despicable man by modern standards, he's just not all that exceptional for the time period (quite Unfortunately)
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions? - by Regina - June 7, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender Issues and Religion (especially Abrahamic Religions) Leonardo17 4 284 January 4, 2024 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The Issue of Idolatry in Abrahamic Religions Leonardo17 28 2522 October 10, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  [Quranic Reflection]: By the sun and its morn WinterHold 56 6885 May 11, 2020 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Flat Earth and other scientific errors in the Quran Fake Messiah 4 1091 January 19, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7732 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1306 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5791 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Its not so anti female as i thought it would be? Rufun83 20 1965 August 16, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5330 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Islam; my faith; and other faiths WinterHold 77 11165 April 30, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: WinterHold