Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult
Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult
I really didn't realize how serious this could be cause he always spoke of their chats like they were just socializing with him.  No pressure as he says.  Talking mostly about the bible though.   As in not their cult, becoming a member, getting saved.  More of a common interest surrounding bible and religion.  He ask's a question if they can't answer it they ask an elder and come back with it.  

We've as a family never been religious or gone to church.   I know my dad is a casual believer in some type of higher power and has and is studying the bible. I always thought out of curiosity and for entertainment more than trying to "get right" with god. It's been going on for more than a year now.  Not sure how much longer than that. He is a lot more vulnerable phychologically than he was just a few years ago. Partially why I was never worried about it.  Never thought he could succumb to such an obvious scam. Assumed he recognized it as such. Any suggestions on how I can keep him from being sucked into this?

Been doing some reading at the watchtower files and all the sudden am starting to get scared.

What also creeps me out is that they came by when I was there one day but left because we were working in the yard. Didn't show back up for the whole two months I was there. I've only been gone two weeks and they have already made two visits.  A couple of hours each session.  He spends the summer where they have access to him and the winter 600 miles away.  I am 1800 miles away now.  No other family member close by. I'll be back in October. Thinking about going back early though.

He seems to like asking them hard questions thinking he's going to stump them.  But I am starting to think that this is a game their using to lure him in.

Messages In This Thread
Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult - by hogwash - July 22, 2015 at 1:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1234 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  trying to adopt an amoral worldview bonbonbaron 46 3589 January 26, 2021 at 12:23 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Overcoming shame of being duped by a cult Won2blv 11 1181 December 22, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Predictions for the new year zebo-the-fat 15 1615 March 9, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5380 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1115 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2521 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Mary's Ten Year Pregnancy YahwehIsTheWay 131 14904 December 27, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  "Cult-speak" lines Foxaèr 24 2671 September 15, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6864 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU