Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
I advise British people and the rest of Europe to be careful when it comes to cultural identity and integration - The truth is that, regardless of what liberals say all the time, if you happen to live in a country that has a tradition of free speech, tolerance and solidarity you ought to be damn proud of it. It is completely irrelevant that you didn't choose to be born in it, because you have ancestors that have fought again and again for your rights. There's differences between cultures that are basically irrelevant, like the fact some people don't celebrate Christmas or prefer to not work on saturday instead of sunday, or prefer long skirts to short skirts - Then there's differences that create incompatibility. Watering down native culture for the sake of integration is one of the biggest mistakes any government can make, and it shouldn't happen - It's not just because the other culture may have undesirable elements, but also because native British will feel terrible about seeing their culture being ignored and even insulted and this creates a feeling of antagonism and fuels the rise of extremist far-right parties. The EDL is a symptom of much larger issues despite some bad things they've done.

It's funny that hate speech only applies to some people - Shouldn't a Muslim, or a person with any religion at all (or lack of thereof), be prosecuted for hate speech as well if they're holding a sign saying "behead those who insult the prophet"? I mean, if I held a similar sign saying "burn pictures of Muhammad" can anyone guess what would happen to me? Vote wisely.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University - by Dystopia - July 23, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Miami Establishes Chair for Study of Atheism c172 8 1896 May 21, 2016 at 2:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Links to Spirituality Found in the Brain fr0d0 28 9568 February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: tavarish