Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with third wave feminism
RE: Problems with third wave feminism
According to the Oxford dictionary, feminism is

Quote:The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Quote:the belief and aim that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men; the struggle to achieve this aim

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/pt/def...s/feminism

The critique in the video is only applicable to intersectional feminism, but you don't need to support anything else aside from gender equality to be considered a feminist. My girlfriend is a feminist and she is a bit racist, specially against black and Chinese people - That doesn't stop her from being a feminist and supporting women's rights. It is possible to be a feminist and have almost any political orientation or ideology, and to be pro or against almost any social, political, cultural and economic issue. I'm not saying I agree with racist feminism, but etymologically it's not impossible to be both.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
Problems with third wave feminism - by BrokenQuill92 - July 22, 2015 at 5:35 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:23 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:37 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:43 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Little lunch - July 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by ignoramus - July 23, 2015 at 7:38 am
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Regina - July 22, 2015 at 7:44 pm