Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with third wave feminism
RE: Problems with third wave feminism
I thought third-wave feminism WAS about all this inclusive "not just white women, also race issues, LGB, trans etc etc". Guess not...

Anyway I agree with anyone who wants to support more than one cause and deal with gender, race and sexuality issues all at the same time. I don't think much needs to be said on that, I think most millennials feel all three are areas of needed improvement in society.

The only problem I really have with "modern feminism" or "internet feminism" is that it's very "my way or the high-way". It's all so tightly policed. Any slight disagreement, even if what the person is saying is a perfectly logical and reasonable disagreement, is branded as "bigotry" just because it's a different opinion. The irony is, thinking like that is in itself bigotry.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
Problems with third wave feminism - by BrokenQuill92 - July 22, 2015 at 5:35 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:23 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:37 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:43 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Dystopia - July 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Little lunch - July 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by ignoramus - July 23, 2015 at 7:38 am
RE: Problems with third wave feminism - by Regina - July 22, 2015 at 7:44 pm